Sr Data Researcher II (Content Systems Analyst) will be responsible for capturing electronic information from primary sources as soon as it is available. Analyzes, manipulates, and loads data to back end structures through use of processing tools. Researches and corrects data errors. Creates and documents processing procedures. Works with other Systems Analysts and Managers to improve collection operations. Communicates with stakeholders on status of projects and daily operations.
The Location: Islamabad
Pricing Data is responsible for processing data of stock/commodity prices, dividends, credit ratings, stock splits, credit default swaps, foreign exchange rates etc. We own deeply time sensitive and mostly automated content sets. Data is received in form of feeds from third party vendors and bulk data is processed for sanity check by Pricing Data researchers.
Senior Data Researcher II is mainly responsible for troubleshooting of various issues that data researchers may face during the processing of time sensitive/automated content sets. Analyst ensures that all machine/process/system improvements or failures are logged and raised for execution. This is the most technical position in content team to help solve problems all data validation errors and maintain automated data processing applications/macros. Significantly chips in to keep the automated content running through various automated processes throughout the day.
What's in it for you:
- Market Data is a group with most dynamic/automated and versatile data sets in coverage. Rapidly growing rapidly at Islamabad.
- Partnership with more than 10 vendors, ScrumTeam along with the opportunity to work with the most dynamic department of the company (covering more than 10 various types of data)
- To enter user stories and perform User Acceptance Testing for changes and upgradation of the system via Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- To lead new projects and assign tasks to the other systems analysts and making sure everything is being completed in most effective and efficient way
- To oversee with Project Managers during the sprints to prepare specification documentation and testing document
- To prepare Macros to eliminate manual work from the department's daily work flow
- To ensure that daily ETL processes are running as per the schedule and to identify the areas for improvements and efficiency of the loaders
- To implement new error checks using SQL to improve data quality and timeliness along with the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- To look into and resolve all the problems related to daily data processing reported by the analysts, find the root cause of this and to fix it permanently
- To resolve the client queries in timely and efficient manner
What we're looking for:
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts since aspirant will be communicating with higher roles like Content Managers/Project Managers
- Good interpersonal skills required to prioritize work and meet established deadlines. Ability to write procedures and documentation
- Tight-knit collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organizations as well as multiple data vendors in other countries
- Being an aspirant you should be highly motivated, bold, quick and very detail oriented.
- Self-directed to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong problem analysis and decision-making ability
Minimum Bachelor degree in computer sciences, MBA/BBA IT, or any relevant degree with strong SQL skills.
- One year of working experience as a systems analyst is preferred.
- Quick learner and ability to work under-pressure
- Strong and effective teammate
This is a rotational shift job, applicant must be flexible working in morning, evening and night
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand high-reaching and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.