The Role: Senior Quantitative Analyst/Database Engineer
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: The POP (Performance Optimization Program) group is a dynamic and growing business unit. Our team of six operational analysts provide consulting and analytical services to domestic regional banks including in-depth data and trend analysis, as well as customer-interactions related to the deliverable process.
The Impact: You will assist in the design, development, and maintenance of data as it pertains to the analysis of client loan portfolios.
What’s in it for you:
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements
- Identify and rectify database errors in a timely manner, maintaining standard policies for database development activities
- Manage and monitor performance, capacity and security of database systems.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Work with industry-leading analysts and experts
- Technical assistance in performing empirical data analysis to derive bank and market pricing grids.
- Support in building pricing grids based on a price-inefficient market, which involves identifying outliers or story credits and examining inconsistent results across banks and/or market segments. Implementing rules to interpolate and/or extrapolate the grids in a manner which is consistent with the underlying data and makes sense from a business standpoint.
- Identify inconsistencies in the grids as per the established audit rules. Apply the standard business rules for interpolating and extrapolating the grids where needed
- Validate whether the portfolio data is reasonable given the established business rules and given the client’s historical data profile. Examples include determining whether the fee data in the current period may be understated, the risk rating scale, has changed, the organizational hierarchy used to map geographies has changed, and whether data anomalies exist.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability. Perform database maintenance and troubleshooting activities. Support in the maintenance of Excel-based pricing tools, used to deliver custom analysis to customers.
- Database support in running the standard monthly processes to produce client deliverables, including the Maturing Loans Reports and Management Reports. Test and validate the output.
- Analyzing data to ensure that the grids are consistent with both current market pricing and the directional trend in pricing.
- Testing and validating the data to be included in client deliverables. This includes identifying disparities between the current and prior reports or other deliverables and resolving the issues in conjunction with other team members.
- Assist with one-off data and analytical requests, on an as-needed basis.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in computer science/finance and/or coursework in statistics is a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge of SQL, MS Access and Excel a plus
- At least five years experience in data analytics.
- Deep understanding of the commercial lending industry
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics; or equivalent work experience
- Capability to design and execute financial models and analytics
- Strong in MS Access and MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and actionable intelligence
- Ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of audience both in verbal and written form
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.