Sales Director – CGS - EMEA
S&P Global is currently searching for a sales director to join our EMEA team based in the London office. You will be part of our instrument identifier and reference data business: CUSIP Global Services (CGS). The team are operated by S&P Global Market Intelligence on behalf of the American Bankers Association (ABA) for all traded products across EMEA. This salesperson will grow the existing base of business as well as close new client footprints throughout the EMEA region. The position will work closely with an established and experienced team located in London and will report to the global CUSIP sales manager in USA. This hire will introduce, educate and sell the value of CUSIP and CUSIP web-based products to market data & operations teams within multiple industry segments. The individual will provide continual feedback to CUSIP product and sales management on market/client trends, competition and product design. The ideal candidate will have experience with back office processes at large financial organizations. Bi and/or multilingual fluency strongly preferred.
Essential Accountabilities include:
- Grow the CGS business in the EMEA region within your assigned sales territory
- Achieve at a minimum an annual sales goal
- Provide prompt and extraordinary responsiveness to our clients
- Source prospects through internal research and diligently follow up on all leads
- Educate, and ensure all clients (new and existing) understand the full functionality and value proposition of CUSIP web offerings through articulation and demonstration of the product
- Communicate regularly with other global team members, senior sales management, and all CUSIP Global services business units regarding client activity, results, competitive information, and market trends
- Recommend lean management initiatives
- Operational Responsibilities- utilization of salesforce to manage all client interactions, pipelines & processing of sales orders.
- 5-7 years relevant sales experience in financial services industry or financial data/technology space with a proven track record in new whitespace sales. Experience should include a firm understanding of both buy and sell side accounts; examples of relationship development; and diagnostic/consultative selling skills
- Ability to work across functional lines including Client Services, Operations, Technology and Product Management to resolve client issues and drive development of services that meet stated client needs
- Understanding of back and middle office operations including system architecture and third party financial software providers is key
- Knowledge of feed and delivery formats for utilizing data in desktop and enterprise solutions is a plus
- Requires incredibly high attention to detail and superlative organization skills. Ability to diligently follow up a must