The Role: Sales Director – S&P Market Intelligence - Johannesburg
The Team: The team is composed of experienced professionals within financial institutions industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth of the business. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help clients identify needs, whilst providing solutions utilizing our products and tools.
What’s in it for you: You are a key player within the sales team and you will have the opportunity to work with the major key clients within all sectors across continental Africa. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as contributing to the growth of the business.
• Maintain total sales at or above quota and manage a team of sales representatives
• Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
• Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
• Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities.
• Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
• Follow up to negotiate contract terms and pricing
• Maintain disciplined approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
• Secure the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Account Management group.
• Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Fluency in English
• Display a proven track record in consultative sales.
• An interest / understanding of the financial institutions industry
• Ambition, passion, drive and a hunger for sales
• Confidence in cold calling and dealing with C-Level executives over the phone and in person
About Company (Global)
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities worldwide. We combine broad data, powerful analytics and deep sector intelligence to give our clients unrivaled insight into the companies and markets they follow.
Learn more at: http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/
S&P Global includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.