The Role: Senior Manager, Internal Communications
The Location: 55 Water Street – New York, NY
The Team: The Global Internal Communications team with S&P Global is small but has a big impact. The team is well-rounded and accounts for telling the S&P Global story to employees, and sharing messages in a compelling way.
The Impact: The Analytical Function is the heart of Ratings. In this role, you will be working side by side with S&P Global Ratings Analytical and Compliance Leaders and their teams to ensure that our employees are engaged and empowered with the essential information they need to contribute and excel in their role. Their success is our success.
What’s in it for you: This is your opportunity to do intellectually challenging, best in class, relevant work that will have a positive impact on your colleagues. You’ll be joining a market leading Financial Services company that has a long and rich heritage and yet is always looking to improve, strive for excellence, innovate and drive growth for our customers and shareholders. We are a socially responsible company, have strong values and a solid focus on developing and growing our employees so that they want to build their career here rather than anywhere else. We believe in continuous learning, trust and accountability at all levels of the organization and we recognize and reward our employees for the great work that they do. We are a flexible company and have an open door policy where we collaborate and work well together in a diverse global environment. As part of the larger S&P Global Public Affairs team, you will have colleagues and team members in other functions and regions to support you in doing your very best work.
- Work with the Ratings Internal Communications Leader and Ratings senior leadership to develop and execute internal global strategic communications that enhance engagement, shape and reinforce brand and culture in support of Ratings and S&P Global objectives
- Write key messages to be delivered to employees worldwide
- Manage intranet content; develop feature stories and create videos to promote corporate and Ratings strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with corporate and division leaders, and other colleagues, to ensure global presentation of Ratings and S&P Global information; recommend communications best practices
- Partner with other S&P Global businesses to best support internal communications in showcasing our global brand voice.
- Develop and implement integrated internal communication programs and activities to ensure successful achievement of business objectives in Global Analytical Practices and our Regulatory & Control functions.
- Draft content, secure approvals, and distribute and track internal announcements, events and other employee engagement activities
- Work with Ratings and Corporate communications teams to keep the Ratings intranet pages fresh and support the departments in managing their sites.
- Supporting Analytical & Regulatory/Control leadership communications, including quarterly business updates, strategy updates, videos, town halls, events and other related activities to promote leadership and business goals within the organization.
- Support Compliance, Control and Risk Management functions in support of division-wide initiatives.
- Support HR team in developing effective employee communications for initiatives, including performance management, talent, employee engagement, learning initiatives and career development.
- Produce and manage the distribution of executive and employee videos.
- Identify success metrics and accountabilities. Employ analytics tools to measure effectiveness of communications (emails, intranet and video). Prepare regular reporting to management.
- Consult with corporate leaders, Marketing & Communications teams members, and colleagues within S&P Global and Ratings to plan and implement internal communications programs for the
- Analytical and Compliance, Control & Risk Management functions.
- Work with Internal Communications colleagues within Corporate and across all divisions to plan and execute enterprise-wide programs.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 7+ years of experience working in a Corporate environment or Corporate Communications department
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Communications, Journalism, English or related fields
- Knowledge of financial services industry, regulated businesses and regulatory/control standards is highly preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship builder; works effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be a team player and have a roll-up-the-sleeves approach
- Understanding and awareness of employee engagement and change management strategies
- Ability to operate in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated competency in strategy and plan development
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills; must be detail-oriented
- Past experience working in a regulatory environment is a plus.
About S&P Global:
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.