You will join a growing team of data professionals that is responsible for applying the organization’s data strategy for managing information assets that drive S&P Global Ratings and its customers. The team is focused on developing solutions that ensure that data collected and produced by S&P Global Ratings is accessible and useable for decision-making activities across the organization and across financial markets. This is achieved by partnering with our business and technology partners to leverage technical advancements that will improve our data management capabilities.
This role will assist in the delivery and effective use of our Enterprise Data Assets for different Project and BAU activities. The Data Analyst will push for quality and completeness of data across S&P Global Rating with a focus on strategic initiatives. This position will ensure that the end users are using existing and future assets effectively across the organization.
What’s in it for you:
- Apply your ideas and skills to complex and novel situations within the context of data
- Advance your career as a data professional in a growing data organization
- Gain exposure to cross-functional stakeholders through projects and other initiatives
- Helps develop and implement analytical tools, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality
- Interprets data and analyzes results using SQL, BI reports, Excel and other tools
- Improve Data Management capabilities to locate and correct issues impacting our end users
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs by locating and defining new processes or enhancements
- Build up Data/Content Expertise across our Enterprise systems; support systems and processes consuming/distributing data from our data domains
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required; Business (Finance/Accounting), Computer/Programming. Other areas of focus will be considered if they are data related
- 3-5 Years of relevant data experience
- Participated in IT/Data Projects
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Proficient in the remaining Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Visio, Word, Power Point)
- Advanced degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of process engineering and six sigma methodology.