As a Data Specialist, you will join a growing team of data professionals that is responsible for applying the organization’s data strategy for managing information assets that drive S&P Global Ratings and its customers. The team is focused on developing solutions that ensure that data collected and produced by S&P Global Ratings is accessible and usable for decision-making activities across the organization and across financial markets. This is achieved by partnering with our business and technology partners to leverage technical advancements that will improve our data management capabilities.
This role will lead the analysis of complex data-related problems and opportunities and will provide solutions that enable our internal and external customers to achieve their objectives. Primarily, the Data Specialist will lead the data strategy design that is necessary for the development of internal/external applications, as well as other data-related offerings.
What’s in it for you:
- Apply your ideas and skills to complex and novel situations within the context of data
- Advance your career as a data professional in a growing data organization
- Gain exposure to cross-functional stakeholders through projects and other initiatives
- Lead operational or project teams in planning and implementing process and operational changes across businesses
- Lead the data collation, analysis, extraction, manipulation and validation process through extensive research of data sets
- Work closely with cross-divisional stakeholders to define data requirements and leverage your expertise to influence stakeholders when necessary
- Partner with technology teams globally to streamline the data/content management process workflow and ensure new processes are implemented and integrated without compromising data integrity
- Solve complex problems in operational processes and take a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Identify the costs/benefits of a proposed solution and analyze potential upstream and downstream impacts
- Collaborate across teams to exchange information and promote understanding of data design and strategy
- Manage own work load and allocate or coordinate the work of others but does not have full management responsibilities. Focus of the oversight is limited to quality and completion of work or tasks
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required; Business (Finance/Accounting), Computer/Programming, other areas of focus will be considered if they are data-related
- 7-10 Years of relevant data experience
- Agile/Waterfall Project Management framework
- Has played a leading role in large scale, transformative IT/Data projects
- Experience with industry leading BI tools: MicroStrategy, Tableau, QlikView, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.
- Advanced SQL skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proficient in the remaining Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Visio, Word, Power Point)
- Strong ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Advanced degree preferred
- Proficient in process engineering and six sigma methodology
- Additional coding languages; VBA, C++, Python, etc.