The Role: Product Manager, Corporates
The Location: Charlottesville, VA or Richmond, VA
The Team: Our Corporations products support critical workflows of Corporate professionals with relevant content, tools and analytics delivered by desktop, feed and programmable API. Our comprehensive data allow clients to identify deals, conduct valuations, monitor markets, uncover relationships and opportunities, and gain deep market insight. Our Corporates product management team develops product strategy for cutting edge solutions for our Corporate clients within the Consumer and Retail, Health Care and Industrials verticals.
The Impact: In this role, you will support each of our client verticals within the Corporates space. You will work within this existing team of product managers to further develop and enhance our existing product offerings, support our commercial teams on product initiatives, and drive strategy for our various products.
What’s in it for you:
- This role offers an opportunity to build new products from the ground up in a growth area within our business
- Opportunities to work closely with colleagues at all levels and within all other internal departments (technology, sales, marketing, executive level, etc.)
- Lots of growth opportunities within our company
- Continuous exposure to current market trends, new developments, and technologies
- Responsible for activities from all spokes of the product management framework (Build & Test, Go to Market, Adoption & Performance, Market Analysis, and Strategic Planning).
- Gathering and documenting client feedback through visits as well as through the commercial team, and turning that feedback into a strong pipeline of product initiatives.
- Work with customers to understand their work streams and value focus, building intimate knowledge of the key personas/workflows that are common across the diverse corporates segment client base
- Work with business Segment Head to develop and implement go-to-market activities for the team’s segments.
- Play a key role in developing product strategy for solutions that impact key personas and their workflows
- Interface with other segment and product teams to help coordinate go to market initiatives, product strategy, and thought leadership
- Support commercial teams through coordinating go-to-market initiatives, providing subject matter expertise, and sales training support
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Econ, or related area
- 3-5 years of financial industry experience
- Familiar with Agile Scrum concepts
- High levels of detail-orientation
- Strong client focus
- Product management experience preferred but not required
- Strong ability to collaborate and drive agenda across multiple teams and individuals
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.