This Role: You will act in an analytical role providing analysis, research and support to the Commercial Credit team in London.
The Impact: The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for helping the undertaking of the analysis for the Structured Credit team. As an Associate you will be assisting senior analyst to conduct credit and financial analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data/transaction documents, running credit models, analysing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning in committees and discussion within the team, and to act proactively toward resolution of issues, to investigate root causes for problem, solving and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global ratings with market participants, through effective communication with issuers and rating. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues. As new asset classes evolve, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different proposals. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem-solving
The Career Opportunity: You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings’ companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
The Team / The Business: You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required and possibly completed or pursuing post graduate studies/CFA. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, and an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data. You have good English writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. An understanding of securitisation and financial markets and prior exposure to CDOs or credit analytics is helpful, but not required. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn attitude and an analytical mind-set. Advanced skills in using cash-flow and credit models will be a distinctive advantage. An additional language is a positive.
What’s in it for you: Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy, including SMEs. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving.
- Assisting the preparation and presentation of analysis by a senior team member and recommendations to credit committees
- Conducting analyses on complicated SF transactions with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement, and presentation
- Acting proactively member in ratings committees and in the team
- Working closely with analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team
- Review and run cash flow models
- Analyse data and review documentation for the analytical team
- Undertake research in support of S&P Global Ratings published commentaries
- Understand and implement S&P’s Policies and SOPs
- Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance as appropriate
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject
- Relevant industry experience in CDO, mainly CLOs and SMEs or credit analysis or related analytical fields. Knowledge of CLNs and repack is a distinguished advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical work experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Self-starter and proactive attitude and effective team player.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English