S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Systems
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The Web Operations team under IT Services & Operations is accountable for delivery and operational availability and performance management of Web and Application Tier of multiple Desktop, Mobile and Feed Systems and related Infrastructure. This involves designing infrastructure solutions working closely with Architecture, Business and Development Community. We are responsible for the end to end availability of these platforms and work closely within the IT Operations community with network engineering, database operations and server / san operations.
This team and is expected to work on 50% incident aspects related to overall architecture, user interfaces, database models, functional /non-functional features, scalability, maintenance and quality.
You will be part of a world class IT & Operations Services team supporting various product offerings of S&P Capital IQ powered by various web hosting, business application middle tier, database and OS technologies and used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring Greater Reliability & Resilience, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
You will work with a global team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top industries. The team is responsible for the web and application support, administration, scalability, performance tuning, release and architecture of large-scale data processing, aggregation and retrieval systems.
As a member of the WebOps team, you will influence infrastructure solution to meet our application delivery requirements. You will become part of some of the scrum teams driving our technology solutions powering our application workflows and delivery processes.
This is a senior engineer role within Web Operations, part of IT & Operations Services organization interfacing with Product, Architecture, Development, Database/Technology Operations and IT Service Management forming the operations backbone for our flagship products.
This is an extremely global and visible role as the, host of applications form the backbone infrastructure and application interface of our flagship products. These products rely on infrastructure and networks availability to deliver seamless application and data delivery and user experience, allow our customers to find market intelligence information related to companies, securities and markets they are interested in; to explore the relationships between entities, and to search using public identifiers (CUSIPs, ISINs, SEDOLs, Tickers, etc).
This critical integrated desktop platform allow our clients to value their portfolios, monitor market moving events, understand their risk and maintain their back office systems.
Directly accountable towards Web Operations objectives and responsible for team objectives that drives and delivers performance and growth of Infrastructure and Application.
Work on significant and unique issues of critical nature escalated from Level 2 organization where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles working closely with owners of application, services and systems.
What’s in it for you:
- Become part of a fortune 500 company.
- Work with the global leader in financial information and analytics.
- Improve your knowledge and skills sets by working on enterprise level applications, products and technologies.
- Enhance your talent as a Web Operation Engineer in a challenging, global, collaborative working environment.
- This is the place to build your next level system operations, application management and mentoring skills while having the opportunity to be exposed to fresh and divergent technologies (e.g. Windows 2012, Windows Clustering, Cent OS, Coherence Distributed Caching, Mobile Platforms, MS SQL Server, SQL Server-AlwaysOn, SOLR, Vertica, active-active Databases, and petabyte storage levels).
- As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity collaborate and communicate extensively with a global and virtual team of application specialists and engineers working closely with IT & Operations Services [Database, Network, Technology Operations, IT Service Management] and key stakeholders within business, development and quality assurance across geographies who are experts in their domain. We also nurture young talent through campus to have new minds.
- As a Senior Engineer you will support, administer, manage, scale and tune the integrated platform inclusive of three or more Web & Application or Feed Systems that enables S&P Capital IQ customers to access real time and after market data through the highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform, Api or feed delivery Market Data Products.
- You will manage the end to end execution of application and infrastructure projects leading to business transformation, capacity scaling & application performance improvements; ensure appropriate resource requirements are met at each level to achieve project goals.
- Fully or co-own the end to end delivery of medium to large size projects where you will contribute directly as an individual and mentor / take help of others in the team.
- Solve highly complex, ad-hoc application critical problems and determine the best solution within SLAs or around cost/benefit analysis.
- Follow processes and operational policies across incident, change, project for process improvement.
- Work closely with key stakeholders representing Web Operations for Projects as an operations coordinator.
- Improve efficiency and quality of delivery by automating complex routine tasks.
- Evaluate and Champion best of breed product support tools including run books, monitoring, and knowledge bases to aid in the product support process.
- Utilize standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work within the team and with external sub team and teams for project delivery and escalated operational support.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 8+ years of hands-on system administration and application support and performance tuning experience
- Experience with a IIS 7.x + .NET OR Apache/Tomcat + J2EE technology is mandatory and having both is a PLUS.
- Experience with leading small to medium size projects is a plus.
- Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment is a plus.
- Experience in Financial / Market data / feed systems is a plus
- AWS SysOps/Architect, DevOps, RHCE, MCSA, MCSE, certification a plus
- In-depth architecture and solution knowledge of MS Windows 2008 / Redhat / Cent OS Server hands on experience (Experience with additional OS is a plus).
- Extensive experience with IIS 7.x + .NET architecture, administration, application monitoring, performance tuning, scalability, stability management.
- 6+ years of hands on support of Web Hosting, Transaction or Business Intelligence Systems with end to end understanding of internet protocols and data flow management.
- Experience with one or more RDBMS Knowledge SQL Server is a plus.
- Ability to diagnose critical issues relating to IIS 7.x + .NET or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE installation, build and configuration on Windows or Linux based system that hosts business critical applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot End to End application functionality, IO, performance related problems involving IIS 7.x + .NET, WCF, CLR, ADO.NET and/or Apache/Tomcat + J2EE/ JVM, network and Storage.
- Should have authored or edited 40+ automation scripts on PowerShell or any other scripting or program language to automate operational tasks such as application Package / feature deployment, log parsing, event correlation extraction, .
- Experience in load-balancing and high-availability planning and configurational and administration with BigIP, Windows Clustering, NLB. Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, load balancers, firewalls, switches, etc). Knowledge on Internet/File/Data protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, CIFS, etc.
- Hands on supporting multi-tiered web application architecture.
- Experience in performance tuning of IIS 7.x / 8.0 web server environments
- Demonstrated experience in support, tuning, and hardening of the Windows OS
- Demonstrated ability to script via PowerShell, VBScript, ASP.NET. .NET development experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Working experience with RDP, Putty tools
- Working Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios XI, Extrahop, CatchPoint, AlertSite, APM tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc or similar tools.
- Experience in monitoring & health-check of web and application server environments
- Troubleshooting skills in web and application server / n-tier environment
- 5 years of Unix/Linux administration and experience with Windows 2008R2 / 2012
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything: (Shell/Python/Powershell). Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc…
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of clusters/Load Balancers.
- A solid Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails ” when you build things
- Experience working in an iterative based infrastructure as code deployment environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like Jenkins or the like.
- Should ensure that AWS and IT deployments comply with organization ISMS policies.
- Should have the knowledge of the AWS best practices for security.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to work a rotating 7X24 on-call schedule.
- Ability to coordinate, communicate, and work effectively with offshore team based overseas, e.g. US.
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change.
- Ability to multi-task with regular interruptions.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.