As a Director, Senior Cloud Application Architect you will serve as a technical thought leader and subject matter expert for S&P Global Ratings entire technology infrastructure including on/off premise datacenters, network, and storage. You will ensure infrastructure architecture integrity and compliance, while at the same time working with Operations to continuously improve availability, serviceability and efficiency of our solutions. The architect will work within a multi Cloud environment and effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve resiliency, operational efficiencies and cost savings.
You will have extensive experience in architecting and optimizing enterprise infrastructure, leading infrastructure modernization & consolidation projects with various virtualization/cloud providers.
The role also collaborates with other enterprise architects to ensure new services align to roadmaps and to understand the effect on the organization’s application & infrastructure architecture. An experienced information professional who is a demonstrated leader, problem solver, and strategic thinker; is adaptable to and drives change through thought leadership, education, communication, partnership and results.
You will be senior expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization’s Enterprise Architecture Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on many technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. All on the team provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P’s global enterprise architecture strategy.
Our Hiring Manager Says:
If you are an individual that would like to help drive diverse aspects of Technology Infrastructure and Cloud migration, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with strong leadership skills, who thinks out of the box, and can provide innovative ideas, and clearly articulate the associated business value to the various stakeholders.
- Responsible for complete infrastructure design, systems analysis, work with Corporate on effective data center operation, storage & network operations.
- Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
- Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
- Design and implement secure cloud application environments using public cloud infrastructure and platform services
- Drives short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments
- Define cloud delivery models and cloud infrastructure architecture, identifying and implementing cloud optimization strategies
- Design, both technically compliant and secure Infrastructure solutions, as well as value-based, on-demand services to facilitate the effective transition and modernization of infrastructure
- Participate in a variety of application migration projects within a SDLC framework for multiple business units.
- Provide Architecture leadership for project activities, as they relate to infrastructure architecture and technology, between application teams and program resources to ensure timely migration of applications.
- Deep involvement in the planning and execution of the migration plans to migrate and/or decommission application instances and servers in scope without disruption to business groups.
- Drive meetings with subject matter experts from all areas of the business including: Infrastructure, Applications, Vendors, Architects and Leads to seek input from and plan/coordinate migrations, resource requirements and timelines.
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment and defines high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state with the mindset of incremental capability roadmaps to demonstrate value quickly, yet with the ability to extend as needed, in sync with the Corporate strategy and philosophy and IT budgeting or other capital planning processes
- Coordinates with enterprise architects and data architects to ensure new cloud services align to roadmaps and to understand the impact on the organization’s information architecture
- Liaises with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new cloud applications, cloud-based infrastructure, and other cloud services with existing IT systems
- Define and enforce infrastructure architecture standards, procedures, metrics and policies
- Provides Cloud Architecture SME advice and guidance related to all of our activities including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) initiatives, projects, plans, and reviews.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture
- Expert level understanding of Linux systems and management methodologies, including software packaging
- Hands-on experience with OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or VMware
- Intermediate to expert level understanding of complex networks and routing
- Experience scripting in Unix shell, PERL, Python or Ruby
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Datacenter Operations (i.e. Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Database Management., Systems Management., Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of public cloud technologies including AWS, Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and ITIL
- Hands-on experience on Hyper-Converged infrastructure environments (VCE/vBlock) a plus
- Advanced design skills and support solutions in a cloud computing and virtualized computing environment and understands hybrid cloud architectures.
- Ability to create Architecture blueprints that include infrastructure/cloud design specifications including hybrid cloud architectures, QoS, test and acceptance plans.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing high volume, high availability systems
- Experience employing TOGAF architecture development methodology (ADM).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills with an ability to negotiate and trade-off technology options against goals and cost
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology