The Enterprise Data Architect will provide vision and leadership and be responsible for the creation and execution of S&P Ratings global Data Strategy positioning it such that it meets the needs for various business functions across its transactional, operational & analytical applications. The ideal candidate should have deep expertise with data management technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise. The role requires the candidate to be hands on data architect. You will be responsible for setting the vision, gathering requirements, gaining business consensus, performing vendor and product evaluations, mentoring business and development resources, deliver solutions, and translate into actionable IT strategy using industry-proven architecture best practices.
You will be senior expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization’s Enterprise Architecture Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on many technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. All on the team provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P’s global enterprise architecture strategy.
Our Hiring Manager Says:
If you are an individual that would like to help drive diverse aspects of enterprise architecture, such as: Workflow, Digital Content Management, Cloud migration, Mobile strategy and System Integration, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with strong leadership skills, who thinks out of the box, and can provide innovative ideas, and clearly articulate the associated business value to the various stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data quality, data governance, data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, database design and implementation
- Lead the overall strategy and roadmap for data architecture, capturing the top-down thoughts of the chief data officer (CDO) and broader CDO function
- Partner with the Chief Data Office organization, solution architecture, and engineering to ensure best use of standards for the key data use cases / patterns tech standards
- Create and maintain the Enterprise Data Model at the Conceptual, Logical and Physical Level
- Steward of Enterprise Metadata Architecture & Standards, Data Lifecycle Management including data quality, data conversion, and data security technologies
- Define and achieve the strategy roadmap for the enterprise data; including data modeling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data, warehouse and advanced data analytics systems
- Develops and documents and enables enterprise data standards and provides technical oversight on projects to ensure compliance through the adoption and promotion of industry standards / best practice / guiding principles aligned with Gartner, TOGAF, Forrester and the like.
- Create architectural technology and business roadmaps that result in stronger business/IT alignment and drive adoption and usage of technology across the enterprise
- Align portfolio of projects to the roadmaps and reference architecture
- Define and enforce architecture principles, standards, metrics and policies
- Provide leadership in architecture, design and build of complex applications and perform architectural design reviews
- Analyze the company’s Information Technology landscape to identify gaps and recommend improvements
- Manage the development of transition plans for moving from the current to the future state environment across application portfolio
- Collaborate with both IT and business to influence decisions in technology investments
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- Expertise with Data management and data governance experience – setting up and managing working groups, defining and enforcing data ownership, defining and enforcing data maintenance plans.
- Extensive Data modelling / ontology / taxonomy / metadata experience; specifically designing logical models / ontologies / data dictionaries from both business requirements and reverse-engineering
- Experienced Data Architect with extensive experience with Data Quality, Data Management, Data Security, Data Governance and Data Modelling
- Expert knowledge of database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server) and data modeling tools like Erwin/Power Designer
- Experience with AWS and Cloud database services (encryption, masking, database firewall, database vault) is a big plus
- Translate business requirements into Data Models, refactoring existing Data Models, Data Warehousing, Data Distribution, and Global Reference Data Architectures.
- Build and liaise with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and roll-out.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Experience employing TOGAF architecture development methodology (ADM).
- Experience with development frameworks as well as data and integration technologies
- Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, big data, cloud and other leading edge technologies
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology
- Financial services industry experience