The Role: Focusing on the operational support of specific business applications ensuring maintenance tasks are completed and high availability of applications is maintained during business hours.
The Impact: Working to minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the business and proactively identifying areas of focus to prevent the reoccurrence of future incidents.
The Career Opportunity: Working in a global application support team directly supporting users based in three timezones and across 26 offices. Exposure to application support, operations, monitoring and projects in a role where you will interact directly with the business and learn the products and systems required to support the Platts business operations. In this role you will support users both remotely and in person based in the office you are located at.
The Team / The Business: You will be working within the Operations team within our London office location.
Our Hiring Manager says:
- Well-developed verbal and written business English communication skills.
- Candidate must be confident, self-sufficient, driven, energetic with passion for technology, provide excellent customer support service, and have patience to work with users with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Able to operate under pressure and in time sensitive support environments.
- Confidence to manage and lead global Incident conference calls ensuring that the right resources and skills are engaged to resolve issues.
- Degree level in an IT related field preferred
- Resolving logged IT incidents in order to restore service as quickly as possible using application specific technical knowledge. Escalation of tickets to other technical teams as required
- Responding to logged service requests, account administration, software installations and general application and server administration.
- Management of major incidents via conference call, email and instant messaging systems. Composing and sending major incident notifications to business partners.
- Dealing with escalations in a timely manner to ensure issue is resolved to business Partner’s expectations.
- Composing technical knowledge base documents to be used within the team
- Working with external vendors to resolve service related incidents
- Connecting remotely to business partners computers to resolve issues
- Server maintenance, monitoring, health checks, restarts, and BAU operational work
- Provide real-time server support to the daily Market on Close process as well as participating on the associated conference call.
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology (ITIL certifications preferred) with proven operational experience in previous roles.
- Exposure to industry standard ITSM tools (ServiceNow strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting & supporting applications running on either
- Linux (preferred)
- or Windows server OS,
- 2 years minimum previous application development skills in either
- Java Core / JMS (preferred)
- Protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), SSL, WWW, JMS, FTP, Telnet, DNS, DHCP, VNC, RDP, NAT, SMTP
- Windows IIS
- Linux apache, Tomcat and Weblogic (preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL Query language
- Sonic MQ Broker or IBM WebSphere MQ
- Appreciation of infrastructure concepts related to distributed applications (Load balancers, Networking. Firewall, NAT, Virtual servers)
- Tools Putty, RDP, SSH, WinSCP, MySql Query Browser, Oracle SQL Developer
- Microsoft Office / Office 365 especially Excel (Macros, Worksheets and add-ins)
- NoSQL - MarkLogic
- Familiar with monitoring systems (Nagios/Naemon preferred)
- Financial Instant messaging systems (Skype, Lync, Eikon, ICE Chat)
- Experience supporting Virtual Servers (VMWare) and Cloud computing (AWS)
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Any exposure to mobile apps support (IOS, Android)
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.