The Role: Associate – Structured Finance Modeling and Analytics
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Structured Finance practice as an Associate on the Modeling and Analytics team. The team is responsible for cash flow modeling and structural analysis in support of credit rating activities.
The Impact: The Associate will focus on more complex asset classes such as aircraft leases, residential mortgages, and student loans. The Associate will review documents, assess the credit profile of collateral pools, build financial models, and conduct cash flow analyses to stress test the structures and enhancement levels under various economic scenarios. The Associate will also participate in credit rating committees and interact with bankers, issuers and investors on analytical matters.
What’s in it for you: Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy, including the automotive industry, higher education and real estate. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving.
- Create financial models for various types of ABS, RMBS, and Esoteric Assets transactions in the US, Canada, and Latin America. Perform cash flow analysis and synthesize results in a timely manner for rating committees.
- Analyze cash flow characteristics of collateral pools. Review third-party model output and reconcile with cash flow results from internal models.
- Conduct detailed reviews of legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria and identify issues with the transaction structure. Provide comments to external parties.
- Actively manage relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors. Effectively communicate S&P’s methodologies and procedures. Participate in client meetings.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and cash flow analysis by helping to resolve clients’ analytical questions.
- Work on special projects as directed by the analytical team manager.
What We’re Looking For:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, financial models and financial data.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P Global products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C++, MATLAB, Python, R or VBA).