The Technology Lead will be responsible for leading the execution of S&P Ratings data Strategy aligning with S&P cloud strategy such that it meets the needs for various business functions across its transactional, operational & analytical applications. The ideal candidate should have deep expertise with AWS data management technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise. The role requires the candidate to be hands on with Oracle, Exadata and AWS data management technologies. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, performing vendor and technology evaluations & POCs, mentoring development resources, deliver solutions, and translate into actionable IT deliverables using industry-proven data management best practices.
You will be senior expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization’s Data Services Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization’s critical data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Data Services team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings global enterprise data strategy.
Our Hiring Manager Says
If you are an individual that would like to help drive diverse aspects of enterprise data strategy, such as: Data Modelling, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Cloud strategies, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with sound technical knowledge on AWS technologies, can be hands-on, worked on transformational initiatives, and can drive results.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of database design and implementation, cloud database services, master data management, data modeling, data quality, data governance, data access & data integration
- Lead the implementation of strategy roadmap for the enterprise data; including cloud strategy, data modeling, implementation and data management for enterprise data store (IDF) and advanced data analytics systems
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
- Enforce and implement Data architecture principles, standards, metrics and policies
- Partner with the chief data office, enterprise architecture organization to ensure best use of standards for the key data use cases
- Create and maintain the enterprise data model at the conceptual, logical and physical Level
- Analyze the company’s Information landscape to identify gaps and recommend improvements
- Develops and documents enterprise data standards and provides technical oversight on projects to ensure compliance through the adoption and promotion of industry standards / best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards & industry best practices.
- Provide leadership & guidance on solving highly complex problems in data architecture, design and build of complex applications and perform design reviews
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in implementing data lake systems using AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Hive, Presto and Spark
- Expert managing AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, cloudwatch, Lambda) in a multi account production environment
- Extensive Data modelling experience; specifically designing logical models/data dictionaries from business requirements and reverse-engineering
- Experienced technology lead with extensive experience with Data Quality, Data Management, Data Security, Data Governance
- Expert knowledge of database technologies (Oracle, Exadata) and data modeling tools like Erwin/Power Designer
- Build and liaise with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and roll-out.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Experience with development frameworks as well as data and integration technologies
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology
- Financial services industry experience