The Information Protection Engineer will be responsible for developing and supporting solutions that will ensure proprietary or confidential data and systems are protected. The candidate will provide technical engineering services for the support of these systems and solutions, determining what controls are necessary in order to protect organizational data and determining the effectiveness of the controls already put in place.
• Provide expertise in information security controls, data governance, infrastructure and implementation techniques
• Assist in defining strategy and roadmaps for technology products, service standards, and governance routines
• Drive data loss prevention best practices across the enterprise
• Design controls, governance routines and service alternatives that improve company’s defenses against insider risks
• Design and engineer secure solutions to meet organization needs and address critical audit findings
• Implement security solutions and technologies to aid and protect the organization’s data resources from unauthorized access or meet legal and compliance regulatory requirements
• Perform detailed analysis of DLP events during the incident process, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of IT security threats
• Maintain solutions and act as main point of contact for cross-functional teams in support of information security policies and procedures
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the End User Computing and Collaboration services focusing on supporting a multi domain, multi forest environment, messaging services
• Minimum of 4+ years with data loss prevention tools across endpoint devices, email, file, network, removable media and storage domains.
• Minimum of 3+ years’ experience with Office365 and Azure AD
• Minimum of 2+ years’ experience with Data loss prevention solutions such as Azure Information/Rights Management and or Digital Guardian
• Minimum of 2+ years’ experience with Email Surveillance E-Discovery and email archiving solutions (such as Symantec Vault, Exchange Online and Data minder)
• Scripting experience (Powershell/VB)
• Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing policies
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred
• CISSP Certification preferred
• Operational knowledge is a definitely plus, especially with an outsourcer.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation and creative problem solving skills)
Hiring Manager Says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who has strong technical abilities, who is a strong communicator and is self-motivated to help solve business problems using innovative technology solutions.”