The Role: Sales Associate
The Location: 55 Water Street, New York, NY
The Team: The Associate role is within the Sales team, supporting a global sales organization. This role and the associate team are different from their counterparts globally as they have an opportunity to inform sales policy and procedures decision. The also run analysis on various sales metrics and KPIs and get involved in various projects to make sales more effective. Thinking outside the box, roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, and a can-do attitude are highly valued on this team.
The Impact: This role is integral to the smooth functioning of the sales organization as the Associate is responsible for processing agreements, working on data access, responding to client queries in the absence of sales reps. The role also collaborates extensively outside the sales team, working with the Finance, Client Services and Legal teams, to ensure the highest level of customer engagement.
What’s in it for you:
- The role offers the right candidate the opportunity to grow as a professional through learning and being intellectually challenged
- It offers the candidate freedom to broaden the scope of their role through exposure to strategic vision and the ability to execute on such vision
- Ability to make an impact through idea sharing with ease of access to a global team and senior management due to relatively flat organizational structure
- Development opportunities, within the organization, are available for the right candidate
- Review and process data trial and entitlement requests including a full contract review against usage reports, establishing trial and entitlement opportunities and providing account reps an analysis of gaps in contracts and help identify unlicensed/under-licensed opportunities.
- Contract creation, sales order entry, and progression to completion
- Support senior members of various client facing teams through preparing client account reviews, offering backup support, assist with meeting prep, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and use of our CRM tool (Salesforce), as well as contract and billing databases will be essential
- Maintain constant contact with existing clients to ensure that their needs are met and continuously add value to users
- Database research to gain information to contact current and potential clients for specific campaigns.
- Create and complete a timely and accurate log of all relevant activities on behalf of the Sales team in CRM database Salesforce.com.
- Gather intelligence and communicate internally to identify opportunities to contribute to revenue retention and growth.
- Gathering and presenting feedback on product needs to the sales team, product management, data teams and other relevant departments.
- Extensive liaison with product management, operations, legal and client services.
- Monitor, evaluate, and react quickly to client issues while also developing proactive strategies to improve support, client retention and development.
- Understanding of how indexes are used within the investment management process and investment product creation. This requires knowledge of end-customer (asset owners, plan sponsors, governmental agencies, and retail investors) needs and trends.
- Ability to prepare and logically organize written materials in a manner that is readily understood by the reader.
- A self-starter and highly motivated, ability to work individually and within a team
- Perform ad-hoc requests for senior members of various client facing teams, such as managing calendars, scheduling meetings, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
- Understanding of Index and Structured Products or asset management Industries is preferred
- Experience using financial software applications and have worked in the Financial Sector
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly with large groups of people face to face and on the telephone.
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities is essential
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and usage of CRM systems
- Willing to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Experience in cold calling, lead generation and negotiation skills
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.