The Role: Sr. Data Analyst
The Location: MSE Building, Makati
The Team: Media & Communications Industry Content team is responsible in data gathering and processing for multiple datasets within the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) sector: Broadcasting, TV Networks, US & Global Multichannel, Internet & Over-the-top (OTT), Advertising, Film and TV Programming and Mobile. Our team is scattered across global offices: the U.S., India, Pakistan and the Philippines, with close collaboration with Research, News and Product teams.
The Impact: Candidate will work closely with various internal stakeholders with a goal to extract, collect, transform and load data by leveraging internal tools, and the latest technological tools and practices.
What’s in it for you: The ideal candidate will have access to various common and proprietary tools, but addressing the unique and dynamic business demands may—at times--require venturing into unexplored territories too. The opportunities to explore, and implement unconventional ways of addressing a given content collection challenge, satisfying candidate’s creative instincts, and making an impact to the business as a result, will be limitless.
- Understand and effectively navigate the internal DBMS (Database Management Structure) of Media & Communication department, and fluidly and comfortably execute complex SQL queries, as needed and dictated by business need.
- Backfill volumes of data using internal tools while providing real time support to internal clients, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Prepare Excel templates for custom internal requests.
- Support the department’s various automation related initiatives and more complicated automated workflows with Python, and RPA.
- Create accurate and detailed bug/breakage reports when issues are identified.
- Actively participate in, and support the department’s Agile development process through scrum membership, test driven development, quality assurance (QA), and quality control (QC) techniques.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, and participate in the crafting of mitigation strategies, and execution plans.
- Write procedures and articulate processes in a manner that is capable of training other team members on approved techniques, and ways to work.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in any IT-related course.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in working in Data Mining Industry.
- Good working knowledge in SQL and DBMS.
- Familiarity with API, R, Data Science, AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, VB.net, Java, or PYTHON
- Good background in MS Excel
- Perform stand-alone, complex tasks/transactions w/ or w/o detailed instructions and predefined procedures.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills; strong focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Self-driven, tech-savvy, passion about identifying/exploring automated solutions.
- Comfortable taking initiative and finding creative solutions for complex problems
- Highly organized and able to deliver meaningful work under tight deadlines.
- Fosters innovation by identifying enhancement initiatives that support our LEAN philosophy.
- Able to challenge department process & believes in continuous improvement.
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Open to work in the midshift.
- Must be amenable to work weekends and/or holidays, if workflow dictates.
- At least 2 years of work experience in Data Mining Industry.
- Experience in Python and SQL
- Any related industry background is a plus
- Ability to manage stakeholders