The Role: Data Researcher I
The Location: MSE Building, Makati, Philippines
The Team: Media & Communications Industry Content team is responsible for data gathering and processing multiple datasets within the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) sector: Broadcasting, TV Networks, US & Global Multichannel, Internet & Over-the-top (OTT), Advertising, Film and TV Programming and Mobile. Our team is scattered across global offices: the U.S., India, Pakistan and the Philippines, with close collaboration with Research, News and Product teams.
The Impact: We provide high quality and timely data. Our Data Researchers perform the key tasks in data collection, maintenance and processing. We cater to the needs of both internal and external clients including Media Research counterparts (operating under the Kagan brand) who rely on our team in terms extracting, transferring and loading of data for their research or article production while our external clients include the likes of Netflix, Time Warner, NBCUniversal, to name a few of our global industry players. They use our data in making sound and efficient business analysis and decisions.
What’s in it for you: Job families in our domain covers dual-track career paths which means someone may aspire for a management/leadership role or a subject-matter expert or specialist role. We follow standard performance measurement as well as promotion and in-band progression criteria that are shared to team members for transparency and objective deliberation.
- Performs straightforward, stand-alone tasks or transactions within detailed instructions and predefined procedures
- Responsible for entering and editing data in work tools as per specified guidelines and checklists
- Captures comprehensive information on the data tracked by the respective department
- Creates reports of work performed during the day via reporting tools. This process will also involve extracting and validating data errors
- Reviews feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence
- Works within own team understand, enhance or update processes and procedure
- Works with other related teams to complete tasks assigned to them. Will work within parameters and with supervision to ensure quality and performance to set standards
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of content sets. Builds industry knowledge.
- Increase learning by accomplishing Learning Xchange modules as well as modules for policy compliance
- Fosters innovation by identifying enhancement initiatives that support our LEAN philosophy
- Contributes to the achievement of personal and team objective
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree preferably degree in Technology, Media or Telecommunication would be an advantage
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Keen to details with strong focus on data quality and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills including written and comprehension skills
- Able to collaborate across multiple cultures
- Highly reliable with no issues on attendance or change in schedule
- Open to take a midshift of 12pm – 9pm (Monday to Friday)
- 1-3 years of research or data collection work experience
- SQL and advanced Excel skills are advantage
- Any related industry background is a plus
- Possesses operational excellence, processes and lean mindset
- Ability to manage stakeholders