S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: As a Database Developer you will be responsible for product & content query optimizations, SQL Server T-SQL and SSIS package development as well as .Net (C#) development and support.
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: Do you love to collaborate & provide solutions? We establish database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database work, conceptual design, logical database design, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
The Impact: Critical need for Support in Lower Environment. Without this position support team will have to continue to stretch to support lower environments and builds.
What's in it for you?
- Be apart of a world-class Global Operations and Reliability team supporting various product offerings of S&P Global powered by various middle tier, database and OS technologies and used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring Greater Reliability, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
- You will work with a team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top industries. The team is responsible for the database support, administration, scalability, performance tuning, release and architecture of large-scale data processing, aggregation and retrieval systems.
- As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity collaborate with a global team of database administrators and engineers who have recently graduated as well as other team members who are experts in their domain
- Optimizes and troubleshoots T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures that come in from the product development teams.
- Completes complex development tasks involving T-SQL Stored Procedures, Views and related table structures as well as SSIS package creation, modification and maintenance.
- Establishes understanding of logical data designs used to deliver data solutions based on the requirements of the business.
- Create and maintains appropriate documentation for Database Objects, Applications and SSIS Packages for production support and end-users.
- Researches data issues as they arise and assist team members in providing solutions.
- Build knowledge of products, services or technologies, content and methodologies offered by business area
What we’re looking for:
- MS SQL Server hands on experience
- Experience with database support, database monitoring & administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with verbal and writing proficiency
- Ability to solve problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 3-5 years of hands-on database development on MS SQL Servers
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.