The Role: Project Assurance Director
The Location: 55 Water Street – New York, NY
The Team: The Internal Audit team is highly collaborative and demonstrates leadership in engaging extended team members in a consultative manner.
The Impact: This role will provide senior executives with a company-wide independent assessment of the state of the Project Management initiatives across the company and act in a trusted advisory capacity. You will be responsible for executing a Project Management Plan based on a thorough understanding of project management across S&P Global. The individual will act in an independent role to support the delivery of large scale projects to assess the adequacy of project management governance, change & configuration management, information security, pre & post implementation strategies. This is a new innovative role in the Internal Audit function. This position will report directly to the Global Auditor, who in turn reports to the Chief Risk & Audit Executive. The Global Auditor is responsible for the management of the Internal Audit function. The individual will be responsible for providing independent assurance on the readiness of key projects impacting the enterprise and division specific initiatives. The project manager role will be responsible for the project assurance of project outcomes and will have significant exposure to global stakeholders. This responsibility includes developing and executing the Internal Audit strategies to support key project initiatives and the delivery of timely and complete assessment of project health status leveraging agile and rapid application development methodologies. This position will be a key member of the Internal Audit Leadership team.
What’s in it for you:
- Direct report to the Chief Auditor, and visibility to the Chief Risk & Audit Executive
- Ability to work with senior management across the company
- Act as an individual contributor with responsibility to provide independent assessment of key project across the enterprise and divisions
- Prepare agile reports on project assurance assessment and observations to senior management Foster relationships with key stakeholders across the company
- Execute on the Internal Audit project assurance methodology to support the Internal Audit Plan
- Responsible for validation of observations and follow-up on completion of management action plans
- At least 7-10+ years of Project Management and / or Audit experience within financial services industry
- PMP Certification
- Solid experience in Project Management and/or process improvement, with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully
- Must be able to communicate effectively with professionalism and possess strong presentation skills among all levels of management
- Strong process alignment and analytical / interpersonal skills
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from an array of cultural backgrounds
- Strong relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills by working and coordinating with internal / external partners
- Ability to assess projects through go live readiness
- Demonstrated experience with agile or rapid application development methodologies
- Solid written, verbal and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead change and have a strong change management background
- Strong accounting and reporting knowledge and or experience
- Big 4 or consulting experience preferred
- Bachelors in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related fields preferred
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.