S&P Global Platts
The Role: Web developer
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The Team: The resource would be a part of the Market Data – Marketing Systems technology team. He/She would be a part of the existing team supporting numerous applications which are external facing. Working very closely with the Marketing and Editorial business groups, this team is responsible to make major and minor enhancements. They would be a part of an exciting group which has deliverables on a monthly basis.
The Impact: This position directly interacts with the business team to understand their requirements and the added value to the business customers. The role provides exposure to the business and functional model of the company. The applications being worked on are highly business centric and revenue generating. This position is extremely important to deliver what our customer needs and have faster time to market.
What’s in it for you:
- Candidate would gain a lot of experience in designing and implementing solutions on latest technical environment with open source tools.
- Lead and mentored multiple technical resources to achieve best outcomes.
- Collaborated with multiple IT/Business teams to plan and design end-to-end data flow according to industry standards
- Provided technical leadership to the team during various phases from requirements gathering to solution delivery
- Performed POCs to identify and evaluate the capabilities of latest tools.
- Design and deliver multiple projects within given budget and timelines.
- Analyzed client requirements and formulated requirements document.
- Co-ordinate with Database support team, QA and BA.
- Enhanced various complex jobs for performance tuning.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4 - 6 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing web solutions within diverse environments.
- Excellent communicator and good listener.
- Highly motivated, dependable troubleshooter and problem-solver.
- Good 'people skills' for building relationships with colleagues at all levels.
CMS – CrownPeak, Liferay.
Informatica or any ETL tool.
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.