S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role : The Capital Markets Desktop Consultant will be expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions specific to the analytics and modelling solutions offered within the S&P Global Market Intelligence (MI) platform. Each Consultant becomes a knowledge expert in the MI Platform, and will focus on helping clients in the Capital Markets space generate investment insights and optimize workflows by providing innovative and practical solutions through the MI platform.
Location : Hong Kong
The Impact : This role drives revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Product Operations to promote Market Intelligence’s fundamental and quantitative solutions to the Capital Markets Segment.
SALES PROCESS INVOLVEMENT
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client. Understand the commercial pricing model and the client’s use of platforms and data to inform pricing.
- Advise users on financial modeling, numerical analysis, and process efficiencies. Responsible for all pre-sales activity and account management for clients using our institutional products and services, particularly the S&P Global Market Intelligence (MI) platform.
- Assist the trial process with a thorough understanding of the client’s workflow, and how Market Intelligence’s Desktop/Excel solutions may enhance that workflow.
- Conduct product demos as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect’s or client’s needs.
- Act as a product specialist for the MI Platform by understanding the methodologies and real-world application of the results derived from the MI Platform, conducting training, troubleshooting problems, answering product questions, and providing complex daily product support to a client base of research analysts, portfolio managers, and trading desks.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors’ products and be able to articulate Market Intelligence’s relative capabilities.
- Facilitate a positive experience for the client by bringing together the appropriate resources within Market Intelligence and the client’s organization.
- Act as the regional representative to consolidate feedback for product, content, and delivery enhancements. Work closely with Product Management to provide feedback and rank enhancement requests.
- Provide product training to Sales and RMs and, document technical client interactions in Salesforce to share with the broader organization.
- Be at the forefront of learning and understanding new functionality as it is developed, and communicate the advantages of these enhancements effectively to clients and prospects.
Backgrounds vary among Desktop Consultants but a mixture of finance and analytical skills is necessary. Portfolio managers/Research analysts, technical and content experts at other market data vendors are actively being sought for this role.
- Passion for asset management, capital markets, Excel modelling and next generation analytics/visualization.
- Degree in a numerate discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required. CFA Charter holder/candidate or Masters in Applied Finance (or related discipline) is a plus.
- A strong understanding of fundamental data and mastery of Excel modelling and VBA will be necessary.
- Familiarity with industry-leading financial data and delivery platforms. Knowledge of Compustat or Capital IQ products (data, software, or feeds) is a plus.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills. Deep analytical mindset, creative problem solving ability and understanding of either a quantitative or fundamental investment approach.
- Organized and detail oriented, understands the product development process.
- Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings. Thoroughly checks soundness of own/team’s work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms.
In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently, including :
- Ability to interact with clients in a confident manner
- Ability to present to technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project/client engagements at a given time and under tight deadlines.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.