The Role: Head of Audit – APAC (India, Pak, Philippines)
The Location: Mumbai
The Team: Internal Audit is a global team located in key metropolitan locations across the globe. This role will be responsible to lead the regional audit cover age supporting the APAC region as part of the Global Internal Audit team.
The Impact: This is a key role to be the Audit leader in the APAC region partnering closely with senior business leaders on key activities and initiatives. The role will be responsible for key communication with S&P Global regional leaders including CRISIL management and Audit Committee of the CRISIL Board of Directors.
What’s in it for you: Part of the Internal Audit Leadership Team that sets the execution strategy for the department. Reporting to the Global Auditor who is responsible for the Internal Audit function. To be the primary Audit leader in the region, global exposure with regional execution and develop a high performance team as part of the global IA team.
- Develop, implement, and execute on the annual audit plan for the related businesses including coverage for operational, regulatory & compliance and financial areas based on an assessment of S&P Global goals and objectives and the significant risks that threaten the achievement of those objectives.
- Handle the creation and maintenance of an appropriately structured audit universe for the businesses/activities, and corresponding audit plan liaising with key members of Management in the business as well as other regulatory & compliance functions within the Company and other S&P Global Internal Audit Leaders, ensuring 100% of the region is gathered and organized in a way to improve efficiency of audit coverage.
- Ensure implementation of IA-wide processes, procedures, policies, and initiatives within the audit function
- Manage and assure completion of the annual audit plan through effective supervision and time/budget management, measures progress, and proposes revisions to reflect changing priorities.
- Develop a strategy for the efficient and effective completion of projects via a well-defined scope and fieldwork approach.
- Finalize audit reports and present and/or handle the presentation of observations, recommendations, and management action plans to senior management.
- Provide fair and equitable insights into current, emerging and potential issues, trends, and opportunities that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of management and control processes.
- Manage Co-source service provider who provides specialist staff to support the execution of the Internal Audit Plan.
- Joint ownership for the development and execution of the CRISIL Internal Audit, which is part of the S&P Global Internal Audit Plan coverage
- Build positive relationships with key partners, Senior Management, and other key leaders. Serve as a trusted advisor.
- Regularly meet with key business leaders including in risk management, legal, regulatory & compliance functions as well as operations and finance to stay informed of organizational changes; regulatory impacts; key, changing and/or emerging risks; etc.
- Demonstrate strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key business leaders, demonstrating a solid understanding of the industry and related regulatory/compliance issues.
- Engage in Management requested and/or consulting projects and provide advisory services to Management
- Partner with key business leaders to develop viable action plans to establish and enhance internal control environment.
- Provide periodic and/or requested reporting to key business leaders regarding audit plan, schedule, and status.
- Anticipate and dedicatedly address business (strategic, operational, financial) and regulatory issues/concerns.
- Effective negotiation skills, a dedicated and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Ensure the Audit function for the region is staffed with highly-qualified individuals and operates as a high-performing team as part of the global Internal Audit staff. Provide performance feedback and coaching to direct reports and others. Uphold high standards for performance ratings and alignment with compensation. Provide opportunities for individual development and advancement.
- Lead a team that is knowledgeable about our business, understanding the industry and seen as highly credible with clients and industry/professional peers, using their skills to contribute to the organization.
- Prepare and deliver performance evaluations of staff auditors.
- Counsel and guide associates to ensure approved audit objectives are met.
- Provide mentoring in regard to associate development plans and advancement/skill-enhancement opportunities.
- Set clear, well-defined, desired outcomes for work activities and track progress, in the process motivating others using a variety of approaches, all in support of S&P Global’ s and Internal Audit's visions.
- Perform regular analysis of department staffing and monitors succession management, as necessary.
- Screen candidates for employment based on department/channel needs.
- Provide solid leadership that exemplifies the company core values and leadership expectations.
What We’re Looking For:
- 12+ years audit experience at a large multinational bank/broker dealer or similar regulated financial institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience; Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting a plus
- Public accounting, consulting or other financial industry in a regulated business environment experience required; experience working directly with regulators is important
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or other relevant local certification
- Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and written) with professionalism and possess strong presentation skills among all levels of management. Can balance tact with assertiveness and hold difficult or sensitive discussions with confidence, while gaining and/or maintaining the trust of others. Is articulate and composed when delivering difficult messages to clients.
- Excellent report writing skills a requirement; proficient computer and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to lead people in a way that inspires, develops, and delivers results; proven track record of integrity, innovation, and perfection.
- Validated ability to lead projects and initiatives that drive performance.
- Capability to think both strategically and tactically about the IA organization, its mission, and resources.
- Proven ability to critically assess, drive action, and deliver relevant results in a high-paced environment.
- High level of technical and analytical capabilities, skilled at decision-making under uncertainty, combined with a common sense approach.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, collaboration and flexibility to assist IA department in meeting organizational goals.
- Excellent risk identification, assessment and root cause analysis skills
- Strong project management skills
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements (NA Only):
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.