S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Team Leader-Translations
The Translation team is primarily involved in translating non-English documents of various datasets such as financial documents, transactions etc., of public and private companies. Team has operations in Ahmedabad, Hyderabad & Islamabad consisting of 250 employees currently.
This role will involve working with the team members and other Managers on translation related projects with the people across the locations.
What’s in it for you:
This is an opportunity to lead the team size of 10 to 15 individual contributors and contribute towards achieving the goals of team. Accountability would be towards understanding and owning the business objectives; be a role model for people and peer group; communicate with passion and enthusiasm, embrace change as a way of working; and lead by example when communicating new initiatives.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the team and interact with team members daily and guide them to work on team priorities.
- Mentor direct reports to meet team level KPI’s as well as individual performance objectives.
- Conducts team meetings frequently to update latest policies to the members and set expectations
- Effective co-ordination and constructive relationship with colleagues in different locations around the globe.
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for accuracy and Timeliness
- Manage the performance review process, as well as talent development and management.
- Research & understanding of different Conversion & Translation tools available in the market
- Create reports to update on team's progress to next level Management
- Manage data/content management projects or initiatives important to the business.
- Identify/drive lean and automation projects (Robotics, AI etc.,) .
- Identify individual strengths to appropriately delegate work amongst the team.
What we’re looking for:
Functional and Business Knowledge:
- Applies general knowledge of operations principles, theories and work tools developed through past experience to best complete assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of business and data/content management objectives.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and out of box thinking.
- Solve a variety of problems within their operational setting.
- Provide solutions based on best practices and existing precedents.
- Coordinate and manage projects from start to finish.
- Frequent interaction with team members to solve business issues or inquiries.
- Maintain high ethical standards, both personally and professionally.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing a team size of minimum 5 members.
- 4+ years’ work experience in Financial data/ITES Industry
- Working experience on translation tools will be added advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and people management skills.
- Requires working in rotation/night shifts on a need basis.
- Basic knowledge of SQL & advanced MS Office.
- PG degree in commerce or business administration/management.
About S&P Global:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
“S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.”