The Role: S&P Global Risk Services is seeking a dynamic software engineer in leading and developing data and software solutions. The position requires experience for the design and development of systems for Risk Services products. Are you a highly motivated engineer who is eager to take on new technologies while being able to work closely as an integral part of a team or independently
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: Would you like to utilize your leadership, communication and interpersonal skills in addition to the technical skills? This position will enable you to be part of crafting a strategic implementation of the data and product, bringing to bear the broader capabilities. The team is responsible for executing cross-business solutions within S&P Global.
The Impact: Risk Services customers are demanding information and insights that are not offered by competitors. They require the ability to access the information wherever, whenever and however they want. Our customers are savvy and sophisticated and require tools that enable them to have an edge in the Risk/Credit markets. This is your opportunity to help shape the future for the S&P Global Risk Services Solutions content and products
What’s in it for you: You will use your technology and business skills/specialties as well as your experiences working as an expert developer who can build small to large-scale business systems, collaborate across organizations and teams to craft the digital strategy and vision for the business including next generation products. You will work closely with all technology teams along with the product & content management to design the future user capabilities. You will use agile, groundbreaking architecture and best practices to build software solutions.
- Lead, design, and hands-on development of software systems, components, and services based on organizational architectural and applying design patters and software development cycle
- Deliver designs, formulate standards, processes and procedures to solve business needs
- Implement procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, integrating next-generation technologies into the strategy
- Ability to effectively lead multiple priorities
- You are a dedicated team player and communicate well with the technology team and business users
- Lead, guide and mentor staff through the project and software development cycle to deliver comprehensive solutions
- Engage in data analysis and provide recommendations to business needs
- 8 years of experience with hands-on software development with a track record of delivering business problems with below defined technology skill and specialties
- Exceptional applied experience with software practices such as object oriented programming principles, design patters and capable of creating architectural diagrams, flow charts and design documents
- Strong working experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
- Excellent hands-on experience with .Net frameworks
- You have proven hands on SQL Server/Database experience
- Developed within the Agile methodology
- Have an understanding of financial, Credit Ratings and fixed income asset classes
- Team Lead experience preferred
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.