The Role: Senior Program Manager, Corporate Planning & Support
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Corporate Planning & Support (CP&S) team drives corporate visions with a critical, thoughtful, and intuitive eye. This group of professionals provide exemplary support to our senior leaders while supervising projects that impact our employees and clients. This group impresses partners with their ability to lead, collaborate, and think critically while performing daily tasks and leading project initiatives.
The Impact: As the Senior Program Manager supporting our Product Management department, you will contribute to managing internal projects, programs, processes, and events related to our Product Management and Commercial organizations. You will be the liaison between the Product Management executive teams and other supporting departments in order to execute on all required operational needs.
What’s in it for you:
- In this role, you will have significant exposure to the workflows and day-to-day activities of employees in our Commercial and Product Management divisions.
- You will have leadership responsibilities of at least one direct report.
- This role affords the opportunity to be both highly conceptual and highly tactical: you will be able to identify a need, develop a program to address it, and then execute on the plan.
- The global CP&S team supports our rapidly-growing business, and thus allows for many opportunities to become involved in various S&P Global events, activities, and initiatives affecting employees worldwide.
You'll be responsible for the following mandates:
- Communication Management: you will work directly with senior leaders in various business segments to build consensus and then execute on initiatives to improve the coordination, collaboration, and lines of communication within our Product Management group, but also strengthen the channels with various business partners as well.
- Education Program Development: you will develop onboarding and continuing education programs for our Product Management organization, both for new hires and existing employees.
- Process Management: you will establish clear processes for portfolio management for the Product Management group. Additionally, you will manage the portfolio of priorities identified between you and senior leadership.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4-6 years of related experience in a project or program management role
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to drive large scale initiatives impacting many stakeholders, with little direction or guidance
- Ability to work with senior leaders to develop strategy
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Business Development Life Cycle
- Proven success developing, leading and executing on programs
- Exposure to budgeting processes; familiarity with the concepts of running a business or line of business
- Salesforce familiarity
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.