S&P Global Ratings
This highly visible role is a key member of the S&P Ratings Finance team. The candidate will be the finance liaison to the Chief Operating Officer and help support their related finance objectives and strategic initiatives. They will have responsibility for the annual operating budget and work closely with the various business partners on a monthly basis to update that operating budget. The incumbent will also be responsible for interfacing with S&P Global IT and work closely with them on any company-wide initiatives.
- Provide effective finance decision support for reviewing new investment proposals and managing project spend.
- Partner with business leaders to align COO strategy and initiatives in support of finance objectives.
- Develop, track, and control the related COO annual operating and capital budgets and prepare critical monthly reporting (including PowerPoint decks and charts) for the COO.
- Promote and oversee relationships as well as facilitate communication between IT Finance, senior management and other technology resources within S&P Ratings, as well as external parties, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Supervise development and day-to-day responsibilities of 2 staff members.
- The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills along with an effective negotiating skill set in order to successfully collaborate with many senior managers across a variety of functions
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities since many projects are time-critical with short lead-time for completion; independent problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary
- Utilize financial and operational data combined with business insights to automate various close variance explanations and enhance the overall forecasting process; look for wats to decrease the organization’s reliance on Excel and more fully exploit the capabilities of QlikView
- Experience working in a complex and dynamic environment and the ability to lead cross functionally, but also ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Strong financial modeling ability and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; proficiency/knowledge in PowerPoint and the IBM Financial reporting system TM1 or other database tools a plus; knowledge in QlikView also a plus
- Bachelor Degree is required
- Master’s Degree or CPA is preferred
- 8-10 Years in Industry is preferred
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.