Associate - Financial Institutions - S&P Global Ratings
We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Financial Institutions Ratings team in Dubai for the position of Associate. We are looking for a seasoned credit analyst experienced in conducting credit analysis of banks to join a high profile and dynamic team assigning and monitoring credit ratings in the Gulf region. You will participate in the credit rating process of issuers, including management meetings and committees, banking system analysis, and ad-hoc projects, including the publication of research and the development of ongoing rating methodology and criteria.
- Analytical excellence: Assume geographical/sector/individual bank client responsibilities as agreed with the analytical manager. Represent the practice to the local regulators with regard to analytical questions. Support global projects.
- Surveillance: Arrange review meetings for banks assigned in line with surveillance standards. Arrange and conduct ad-hoc meetings and committees where needed due to events for all banks assigned. Contribute to portfolio reviews for sector(s).
- Committee: Review portfolio of banks in a timely manner in line with surveillance standards. Perform ad hoc assignments supporting other analysts or practices within S&P Global.
- Publications: Update and publish full rating reports and rating rationale summaries for assigned credits as mandated by internal procedures. Update banking industry system reports and Industry Report Cards in line with publishing schedule. Author or co-author thoughtful research pieces.
- Outreach: Comment and present on a regular basis our analytical strength to the market in investor and issuer meetings to become the most influential provider of credit benchmarks, and credit opinions, research and commentary in the Gulf and beyond.
- Customer Service: Provide clients within portfolio responsibilities with professional services and attend in person or via conference call results presentations for assigned credits. Where the company is part of a group, coordinate with other group financial services analysts to establish a timetable for reviews. Summarise findings and conclusions (including rating implications) at management meetings and discuss with management.
- Organisational Efficiency: Conduct time-efficient surveillance of credits and sectors. The role includes intensive travelling and on-the-job training.
The Impact: The right candidate will have the opportunity to expand analytical excellence on an ongoing basis as we aim to encompass achievement within a working environment that is rewarding, stimulating and where there is a constant focus on building skills and competencies through learning. English skills must be excellent in order to communicate properly and precisely within the organisation and publish research as discussed above. Arabic language skills are desirable.
The Team / The Business: As important as the pure professional background is the personal and cultural fit. S&P Global Ratings’ culture can be described as highly integrated and collegiate, as a firm we work supporting each other to deliver the best solutions to clients. Therefore, the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working in a matrix organisation.
Your Skills: You will have a solid track record and background analysing banks; possess relevant working experience in the field, strong analytical skills and a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts. In addition to first class analytical skills, very strong communication skills are crucial in order to find acceptance at the most senior management levels of institutions covered. You will be a strong team player and communicator with the capacity to learn and make significant contribution.
• Degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
• Demonstrable expertise in financial institutions analysis.
• Interest in developmental economics.
• Numerate and accurate with figures and detail-orientated, with ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Fluency in other languages, such as Arabic, will be an advantage.
• Strong organizational skills, execution mind-set, and ability to delegate effectively.
• Collaborative, execution-focused leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to represent S&P as an analytical spokesperson.
• Willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
• Computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.