S&P Global Platts
The Role: Tableau Report Developer (1 and 2)
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The Metrics and Performance Management team was established last year and has worked across functional areas to provide multiple points of reporting to our business stakeholders and establish an enterprise reporting standard. The team is small, but we have a wide impact across the organization and have a record of speed to execution and challenging the status quo of reporting.
The Tableau Report Developer will provide continued support for our growing metrics platform, build new reports/dashboards and refine current reporting based on stakeholder feedback.
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to multiple business lines
- Make a difference with data and contribute to the company’s growth by turning data into insights
- Provide day to day Tableau support to the Metrics & Performance Mgmt. team and update management reports on a monthly basis
- Execute on user requested Tableau dashboard enhancements and ad hoc requests for management reports
- Facilitate report design and build for new Tableau projects owned by the Metrics & Performance Mgmt. team
- Document report design and business requirements
- Manage delivery of high quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with overlapping deadlines and tight time constraints
- Work with technology counterparts to ensure that data solution will meet the needs of the reporting
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree educated (BA or BS) with 2 years + in a service delivery
- Highly Proficient in Tableau Desktop including visualizations, building calculated fields, using LODs and dashboard creation
- Proficient in Oracle, PL/SQL and basic data modeling practices
- Extensive background in producing various levels of metrics and reporting in Tableau Desktop with Tableau Server deployments
- Proven design abilities for reports and scorecards in Tableau
- Can serve as liaison between the business and technology counterparts responsible for building the data solution behind the Tableau report
- Skilled in various reporting tools/mechanisms as well as a quick aptitude for learning new tools
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Management or technical consulting background
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Critical thinker willing to question solutions and strive for excellence in delivery
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues and ideas
- Experience reporting for multiple business lines, specifically finance, product, marketing and sales
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person