Research Assistant, Corporate Ratings - Credit Estimates
The Exchange Tower
130 King Street West, Suite 1100
Toronto, ON M5X1E5
- The Credit Estimates team is a small, close knit team of analysts across three cities in the Americas. We work together very closely to serve an important group of high yield loan investors.
- Our team has a fast paced work flow and we need to communicate seamlessly and collegially across groups.
- The interactions are largely internal, but our Research Assistants gain additional client exposure as they gain experience.
- Our team serves as one of the best training grounds for learning credit analysis and how S&P performs its analytical function
- Our clients and investors rely on the Credit Estimates team for fast, fair, and careful evaluation of middle market companies. Although our credit opinions are not publicly disclosed, they have a tremendous impact on the ability of small businesses to borrow from an important segment of the financial markets.
- As a Credit Estimate Research Assistant you will analyze companies across a variety of sectors and you will learn the most important determinants of credit quality for small and medium sized companies.
- The analyses you produce in our team will be used by other S&P teams to rate Collateralized Loan Obligations, and by our clients to evaluate the credit quality of their overall loan portfolios.
What’s in it for you:
- A high performing Research Assistant is likely to be considered for providing support on more complex issuers and transactions, as well as providing input to financial models and written analysis used for committee reviews and external publications.
- Client exposure
- Our most successful Credit Estimate Research Assistants move up within our team or into the other analytical teams that focus specifically on individual sectors.
- As a Credit Estimates Research Assistant, you will analyze company financials and prepare daily company evaluations for review by senior analysts.
- You will also assist with detailed statistical and financial analysis for use in reports and related materials for S&P Global Ratings publications.
- You will work within a global team of analysts to analyze pertinent financial, operational and industry data to determine Credit Estimates.
- You will initially spend most of your time learning the methodology by which S&P performs credit analysis, and getting familiar with our analytical tools and processes. You will focus on analyzing a number of diverse companies and learn how to evaluate credit quality as efficiently as possible.
- As you gain experience, you may deal with investors directly, work on research projects and help support senior analysts with rating analyses or public research reports.
What We’re Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business or Mathematics
- Excellent Excel and MS Access (or other database) skills
- Strong analytical skills, including financial statement and quantitative analysis
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Client exposure