The Role: The Account Support Lead is responsible for all activities related to supporting Platts customers identified by the Sales organization as strategic, key or preferred accounts. The support may be either be both first-level (Tier 1) and second-level (Tier 2). Partnering with departments both internal and external to PLATTS to provide the best possible customer experience in support of customer and revenue retention. This is accomplished through customized support, training and integration of McGraw-Hill services into the customer workflow.
The Impact: Platts, a division of S&P Global, is a leading global provider of energy and metals information. With nearly a century of business experience, Platts serves customers across more than 150 countries. From offices worldwide, we serve the oil, natural gas, electricity, nuclear power, coal, petrochemical. Agriculture and metals markets. Platts' real time news, pricing, analytical services, and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. Traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders depend upon Platts to help them make better trading and investment decisions.
- Provide proactive and reactive support to customers through all possible interaction methods. These include telephone, e-mail, fax, internet, and standard mail.
- Assist Tier 1 Customer Care Agents with resolutions to questions concerning products, billing, technical and/or service issues, account/contract status, change of address, cancellation requests, refund requests, and other issues if escalated
- Provide training to support customer product adoption, usage and integration into customer workflows and processes.
- Provide on-going training for new members of internal staff and Customer Care teams to ensure a firm understanding and implementation of support duties.
- Participate in special projects related to customer support and retention.
- Recognize document and alert management of trends in customer interactions that may have a negative impact on customer satisfaction.
- Recommend business and process improvements based on customer interactions and feedback.
- Assist in development of training materials based on the needs uncovered from daily customer trainings and service implementation.
- Provide prompt and accurate problem resolution to issues identified by internal and external customers.
- Document all activities and interactions in the appropriate CRM system (Siebel, Oracle, Horizon, etc.).
- Meet or exceed business SLA’s and business process requirements through effective prioritization and timely problem resolution.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a pro-active, positive environment within PLATTS, Sales, Marketing and all other areas that impact customers.
- Provide feedback to technology group and product development regarding technological changes which could impact or enhance products
- Possess integrated knowledge of internal systems and cross-departmental operations
- Participate and contribute to PLATTS initiatives and BPM Projects.
- Understand and execute plan of action for outage alerts to clients when primary products or services are adversely affected.
- Generate pro-active calls to survey responses with a score below 8.0.
- On-going attendance of internal product and market training to stay current with changes to methodology and specifications, new products, and system upgrades and/or conversions.
- Review Bank of Business files and Sales reports. Encourage open dialogue to discuss relevant updates.
- Communicate with third parties to ensure that data is delivered timely and accurately on a daily basis.
- Assist vendors with problems and requests as requested in support of quality customer service.
- Perform other duties as required by management, business units and customers.
- Must be fluent in English and either French, German, Italian or Spanish
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 3+ year's customer service and technical support experience in products and services related to the appropriate business unit.
- Proficiency in desktop software programs, necessary in successfully executing against job requirements (Word, Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint) and other software packages as necessary (CRM, Order Management, etc.), as well as functional knowledge of network systems necessary to complete tasks, and manage duties accordingly.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on a daily basis.
- Strong analytical skills to review processes and procedures, identify and present necessary changes.
- Flexible approach to cover colleagues work when needed.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to facilitate communication and interaction with all staff levels and customers, including those that may not clearly speak English.
- Exceptional organizational/time management skills for scheduling training sessions and pro-active outreach to customers/end users.
- Practical experience of working in a team environment.
- Understand complex problems, and identify and present viable solutions with confidence.
- Able to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivating.
- Communicate effectively in writing, ability to compose a professional business email, grammatically correct and content accurate.
- Integrated knowledge of internal systems and cross-departmental operations.
- Knowledge of product-specific markets, trading and/or service operations and financial services
- Experience with CRM systems, including sales, operations, and financial.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.