S&P Global Platts
The Role: Technical Agile Business Analysis
The Location: Hyderabad
The Platts Excel Add-in (PEA) team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the PEA and related APIs. PEA is the platform that is responsible for delivering and displaying Platts Market Data. The team is a large cross functional Agile (scrum) team based in India and London.
The role will have a direct impact in the shaping of the platform, and leading of the development team. The role is directly responsible for creating and maintaining the product backlog, which is the source of truth in guiding the development of the product.
What’s in it for you:
You be a core member of a high paced dynamic delivery team, with an opportunities to
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Platts and commodities data
- Gain exposure in how distributed Scrum is run
- Have direct contact with key product owners in London
- Working with the Product Manager and the Development you will be responsible for the creation, analysis and elaboration of the product backlog (user stories)
- Ensuring all stories and fully thought out and captured with sufficient detail so that the developers and testers can use them to do their jobs.
- Working with the Product Managers to priorities the backlog
- Working with the Scrum Master to ensure sufficient stories are ready for each sprint
- Supporting the Development team, ensuring they always have a person to go to, to explain the requirement in detail.
- Initially supporting the Technical Manager to help run Sprint Meetings, and eventually taking ownership of them
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Out spoken and willing to offer their opinions and views
- Analytical, with the ability to analysis the problem and clearly articulate the change
- Ability to write good user stories
- Good understanding of Agile (scrum)
- Technically aware, with an understanding of the SDLC
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in software development
- Understanding of the commodities markets, specifically the Oil markets
- Any experience in Version One (nice to have, but not essential)
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person