The Role: Senior Manager, Human Resources
The Location: Mumbai
The Team: You will be part of the AIPL business, as joint venture which was established between S&P Dow Jones Indices and BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange). This is a growing operation and comprised of a variety of functions supporting the Index business. This is a highly collaborative group and building partnerships with the functional leads will be imperative to make this role a success.
The Impact: As the primary HR contact for the group, this role should have a pulse on the business, understand the capabilities and gaps of the staff and drive change. This role has an opportunity to make a difference and engage the employees so they can reach their full potential.
What’s in it for you:
Provide Human Resources partnership for management and employees within the AIPL business, Mumbai, India location under the guidance of the Director, Human Resources lead for S&P Dow Jones Indices. The Senior Manager will work with this HR lead to ensure local and India-wide Human Resources initiatives, practices and activities that support the business strategy and attainment of business and functional goals.
Day-to-day, the position will be involved in maintaining full range of HR activity for AIPL employees at the Mumbai location, and must work to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the groups it supports. It must pursue opportunities to successfully attract, develop and retain top talent; to build leadership capability at all levels; to help drive the pay for performance philosophy into practice; to address all areas of performance management and employee relations; to ensure effective organizational structures; and to foster productive working environments of collaboration.
- Participate in providing education, advice and counsel to the AIPL management on initiatives which help to achieve key business goals. Drive site level implementation of these initiatives and policies as necessary.
- Participate in providing direct and indirect insight to business and department leadership about HR-related issues.
Employee Relations and Cultural Stewardship
- Play a key role in designing and delivering creative HR solutions that assist business and department leadership in sustaining a positive working environment that fosters employee engagement
- Demonstrate strong internal communication by providing insight and counseling around employee/management communications and issues;
- Understand the internal needs of the organization and maintain sensitivity to cultural and geographic diversities; Align internal communications with business goals; Measure progress through use of surveys and feedback mechanisms.
- Collaborate and Coordinate employee engagement surveys. Analyze and present results to management and employees. Devise and lead initiatives to address local issues.
- Deliver change programs ; support others to seek opportunities for difference and innovative approaches when addressing problems and opportunities;
- Provide managers and employees with expert advice on all matters relating to the company's policies and procedures and employment relationship. Ensure managers are aware of policy and best practice.
- Manage grievance and discipline issues with minimal disruption to the business and S&P Dow Jones Indices’ reputation. Seek advice from senior local HR leadership (as well as global HR Director) when reaching out to the internal and external legal counsel.
- Equip line management with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage employee performance and to communicate the highest standards for managers and employees.
Rewards and Remuneration
- Promote effective and timely recognition and rewards for exceptional employee performance and behavior.
- Facilitate compensation processes for Mumbai-based AIPL employees, analyzing recommendations, reviewing market survey data and advising on appropriate packages required to attract and retain employees.
Organization Structure and Staffing
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to acquire diverse and high performing talent.
- Support AIPL and Mumbai-based line managers in conjunction with the senior HR leadership to develop and maintain an effective organization structure. Provide professional advice, and process improvements.
- Site HR lead for workforce forecasting, planning and analyses, succession planning, and career development planning across the AIPL population in Mumbai. Conduct job analyses, role description preparation and job evaluations, and provide advice on organization structure.
Training and Staff Development
- Promote superior leadership and management skills.
- Facilitate the analysis of training needs to foster a culture of continuous learning and performance improvement.
- Facilitate implementation of training & development programs and strategies, utilizing global internal resources and external resources as appropriate, to support improved business performance (e.g. sourcing suppliers etc)
- Work with India and US-based senior HR leadership and the S&P Dow Jones Indices senior team on special projects/initiatives in support of Human Resources. To be part of various departmental and business line initiatives as project lead or team member.
- Utilizes HR Systems to support client groups. Run and analyze Human Resources Metric reports to provide guidance to managers regarding organizational structure and development.
- This role will maintain a dotted-line reporting relationship with the local AsiaPac based HR team and a solid-line reporting relationship with the global HR Director for the S&P Dow Jones Indices business, and ensure appropriate levels of coordination and collaboration for all Mumbai site related HR activities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in progressive human resources generalist roles
- Minimum 2-3 years in the financial services, capital markets or technology industries, preferably supporting production environments
- University degree in an HR discipline
- Sound knowledge and generalist experience across the full spectrum of HR disciplines (e.g., employee relations, recruiting, performance management, compensation, etc.)
- Ability to identify issues within the business/department, and work in partnership toward practical solutions
- Willingness to be "hands-on" and work as an effective member of a dynamic, global human resources team
- A track record of success as an ambassador of change in a complex, fast-paced and results-driven global organization
- Ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately, exercise discretion as appropriate, and remain sensitive to individual situations
- Demonstrate outstanding project management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure
S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.