The Role: Associate, Infrastructure Ratings Greater China
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team: The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions globally applying different ratings criteria, predominantly corporate and project finance. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices on a regular basis. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
The Impact: You will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global issuers and investors. You will be required to prepare meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality. Strong organizational skills are also required to support senior analysts and work on multiple assignments.
What’s in it for you: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing global analytical team, covering a sector undergoing important changes and with good potential for professional development.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of credits
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions
- Actively participate and be engaged in rating committees. Present findings and your rationale to the rating committee
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical process is properly executed
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree, or CFA charter is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an analytical position. Working experience in the infrastructure industry is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English & Mandarin
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead rigorous analytical work and lead the publication of timely commentaries
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.