The Team: You’ll edit and create content on the Americas Oil News team, with a focus on editing the flagship Platts oil news daily, Oilgram News. You will work directly with, and provide backup for, the Oilgram News managing editor. You will work closely with oil news reporters from around the world, and with internal and external analysts to deliver thoughtful and accurate oil news, features, analysis and graphics.
The Impact: Maintain Platts’ high journalistic standards as you edit content, and produce content that meets our news strategy guidelines.
What’s in it for you: This is an opportunity to work in the Platts news division, where you will gain experience working with seasoned reporters, further develop your editing and writing skills, and expand your knowledge of the global oil industry and markets.
- Edits content for daily publication, Oilgram News
- Creates content for Oilgram News, as well as the sister oil publication, Oilgram Price Report, and the real-time news service. Content will include creating graphics, developing feature stories and news reporting
- Provides backup for Managing Editor of Oilgram News
- Works closely with the Oilgram Price Report team, providing occasional backup editing for OPR
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of editing and reporting experience, preferably in commodities
- Understanding of commodities markets (supply/demand fundamentals)
- Well-rounded communications skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of personalities internally and externally.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines, yet flexible enough to meet the demands of an often fast-moving business