The Role: Due to team expansion we are seeking a highly experienced Head of Global Sugar Analytics to lead Platts team of Europe-based sugar analysts. This role is responsible for driving and further developing our analytical services across the global raw and white sugar markets and supporting our news and benchmark pricing in this exciting sector. The role also ensures that Platts Sugar Analytics portfolio of products is effectively aligned for the benefit of the global industry.
Primary responsibilities include: identifying mechanisms and methods to support and further develop our industry-leading sugar analytics; ensuring the most effective and efficient handling of substantial data volumes from multiple inputs and the creation of compelling content; providing original analytical thought on supply and demand figures, trade flows, weather impacts, government legislation or financial incentives – in short, any factor that may influence activity in these global markets. You will:
- Manage the team of sugar analysts based in Europe (London & Switzerland)
- Contribute fully to a wide range of Platts publications including supply and demand, trade flows, market commentaries and editorials
- Take a leading role in coordinating sugar research and analytical content in specific territories, according to the overall needs of the team
- Maintain and further develop meaningful business relationships with producers, traders and users in the global sugar markets in order to source market information and to ensure that Platts Sugar Analytics are front-of-mind
- Present at Platts conferences or other external industry events as well as undertaking webinars, podcasts or other editorial initiatives
- Support efforts to secure the adoption of key Platts sugar price assessments such as EU sugar, Thai hi pol and Brazil VHP
The Team / The Business: The role is part of a disciplined global team based in our key Content locations including London, Singapore, Houston, Switzerland and Sao Paulo.
- Five years of relevant analytical experience with at least 3 years spent in a senior position managing a small team
- Wide network of relevant contacts and deep knowledge of the world sugar and ethanol markets
- Management experience and strong leadership ability promoting team collaboration and development as well as personal accountability
- Clear, concise writing style, strong copy editing skills
- Strong understanding of algebra and statistics and of economics and risk management principles
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to relay key results to a broad audience
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish an advantage
- Experience in quantitative analysis an advantage, as is an understanding of linear programming
- BA Degree in relevant field e.g. Economics/Econometrics, Agronomy
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com