S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
The Location: Gurgaon
NoSQL Team works on developing, Supporting & Managing multi-terabyte NoSQL and Big Database Hadoop Systems and uses latest open source technologies to hosts lot of critical applications including highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform & Credit Solutions Portal and SNL Hadoop infrastructure as few examples.
- This is an extremely visible role as the NoSQL database is the backbone of our flagship products. These products rely on data to allow our customers to find the companies, securities and markets they are interested in, to explore the relationships between entities, and to search using public identifiers (CUSIPs, ISINs, SEDOLs, Tickers, etc). This critical backend driven data allow our users to value their portfolios, monitor market moving events, understand their risk and maintain their back office systems.
- Contribute to the achievement of NoSQL Databases Administration objectives and work on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
What’s in it for you:
- This is the place to hone your existing database and leadership skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh and divergent technologies (e.g. SQL Server 2012 and NoSQL like SOLR and Elastic Search and Vertica and Hadoop and Cassandra and PostgreSQL and Kafka etc).
- You will be part of a world class Global Database team(NoSQL) supporting various product offerings of S&P Capital IQ powered by various middle tier, NoSQL databases and OS technologies and used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring Greater Reliability, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability. As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity collaborate with a global team of database administrators and engineers who have recently graduated as well as other team members who are experts in their domain.
- As a Senior Database Administrator you will Support, Administer, Manage, and Tune the multi-terabyte NoSQL Database Systems that will enable S&P Capital IQ to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Research Content, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform.
- Manage key database releases for QA, Pre-Production, Production and DR as part of the overall SDLC.
- Maintain database including patch applications and enhancements/upgrades of environments and Install upgrades and patches to existing NoSQL databases servers
- Automate routine maintenance tasks using scripting technologies(Perl/Python/Shell)
- Solve, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis.
- Suggest improvements to current processes and tools we use and also suggest implementation ideas.
- Participate in 24*7 rotational shifts(including Night Shifts) with participation in On-call Roasters
- Willing to learn other NoSQL Technologies(Hadoop/SOLR/ELK/Kafka/Vertica/PostgreSQL/Cassandra) with or without additional help(independently i.e self-learning) and demonstrate learnings and knowledge quickly and should be able to start supporting the production environments and support asap(quick learner)
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on Hadoop(Apache/Hortonworks/Cloudera) and SOLR/Vertica/Cassandra/ELK/PostgreSQL/Kafka database administration, support and performance tuning experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified is a plus
- Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment is a plus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
“S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.”