The U.S. Corporate Ratings Practice has an Analytical Manager vacancy for the Healthcare team. The successful candidate will lead the sector team, which has 18 analysts located in New York, Boston and Toronto. The team also has analytical support members in Mumbai.
The Analytical Manager (AM) is responsible for managing the credit ratings process. The AM is charged with directing the analytical activities of the group. The AM also establishes and facilitates efficient and effective production of quality ratings and the publication of quality and accurate analytical materials. The AM is responsible for fostering continual improvement, setting and maintaining high standards of performance, and ensuring the quality of the group’s ratings as well as its compliance with all Company and internal policies, procedures, and guidelines and instituting a proactive approach to risk management.
The incumbent must provide strong leadership to the senior analytical staff and must exhibit a comprehensive understanding of all major elements of analytical management. Further, the individual must be able to effectively apply this knowledge in dealing with all levels of management, staff, and clients. The AM is not responsible for, or involved in, fee discussions, negotiations, or commercial activities.
- The AM will ensure the ratings outcomes in area of responsibility will be consistent with global ratings and criteria.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure the effective analytical leadership of the team. Ensure that the team is: operating within established parameters, policies, procedures, and guidelines; developing analytical management and staff resources; providing for staff continuity; and recommending development of relevant analytical policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- The AM is responsible for efficiently and effectively producing quality ratings and publishing quality.
- Lead and manage the analytical staff of the unit and ensure that they are staffed with well-trained analysts capable of providing high quality credit analysis and other assigned duties.
- Accountable for ensuring the highest standards of analytical excellence by establishing rigor, uniformity, and consistency in its analytical processes.
- Responsible to maintain integrity of internal systems that support the rating process, contribute to the development of ratings criteria, and manage outreach activities with investors and intermediaries. The AM is also responsible for ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to external and internal customers when addressing analytical related questions from external customers and analytical deliverables from internal customers.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the team's ratings according to the set business procedures and in compliance with relevant analytical criteria and Standard & Poor’s policies and procedures.
- Develop a culture of service excellence in the team by focusing members on sector expertise, constructive and predictable communication with issuers, analytical continuity and flawless execution.
- Develop analysts and grow employee engagement, focus on career development and develop and implement training in line with dual career path.
- This position requires a manager or seasoned analyst with diverse experience, and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong company, industry, and market knowledge and experience. Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership, consultative, and relationship building abilities, coupled with strong influencing, negotiation, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CFA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Must possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry including its products, markets, market trends, S&P’s traditional and non-traditional competitors (current and potential), present and anticipated future economic trends and their impact on credit ratings and other financial products, and S&P’s global business operations and range of products.
- This individual must be able to identify, hire, develop, motivate and retain analytical talent.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and good business acumen.
- Must be able to work effectively in team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.