The Role: Our Team is expanding and we are seeking an experienced Analyst able to develop and drive our analytical services across the global raw and white sugar markets and to help support news and benchmark pricing in this exciting sector.
Primary responsibilities include: identifying mechanisms and methods to support and further develop our industry-leading sugar analytics; ensuring the most effective and efficient handling of substantial data volumes from multiple inputs and the creation of compelling content; providing original analytical thought on supply and demand figures, trade flows, weather impacts, government legislation or financial incentives – in short, any factor that may influence activity in these global markets. You will:
- Demonstrate your capability as a subject matter expert for the sugar markets, fully contributing to a wide range of Platts publications including supply and demand, trade flows, market commentaries and editorials
- Take a leading role in coordinating sugar research and analytical content for certain territories – for example, Europe/CIS, or Africa and the Middle East
- Maintain and further develop meaningful business relationships with producers, traders and users in the global sugar markets in order to source market information and to ensure that Platts Sugar Analytics are front-of-mind
- Present at Platts conferences or other external industry events as well as undertaking webinars, podcasts or other editorial initiatives
- Support efforts to secure the adoption of key Platts sugar price assessments such as EU sugar, Thai hi pol and Brazil VHP
The Team / The Business: The role is part of a disciplined global team based in our key editorial locations including London, Singapore, Houston and Switzerland, hence a global mindset will be needed.
- Proven experience in sugar analytics
- Network of relevant contacts and knowledge of the world sugar markets
- Understanding of statistics and of economics and risk management principles
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to relay key results to a broad audience
- Fluency in a relevant foreign language an advantage
- Experience in quantitative analysis an advantage, as is an understanding of linear programming
- BA Degree in relevant field e.g. Economics/Econometrics or Agronomy preferred
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.