We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Financial Institutions Ratings team in Frankfurt for the position of Lead Analyst.
- Acts as a primary analyst on up to 50% of the practice’s view of a standard portfolio for an analyst,
- Performs credit analysis on specific issuers, including all documentation required for committee presentation,
- Presents analysis to credit rating committees,
- Attends and actively contributes to rating committees and management meetings as required,
- Assumes analytic oversight responsibility for a broad portfolio of credits, ensuring a consistently high level of analytic quality,
- Reviews and provides constructive analytic feedback on analysis and publishing performed by analysts,
- Manages analytic review and publishing process for the portfolio,
- Monitors screens, news and other information to timely address risk,
- Manages analytic relationship with issuers in portfolio,
- Leads management meetings with issuers,
- Holds people accountable for their work; interactions with stakeholders and colleagues,
- In coordination with the Sector Lead and Analytical Manager, communicates our thought leadership and credit stories via appropriate channels (e.g., publications, speeches, conference presentations, media interviews, etc…),
- Typically works/contributes significantly (may lead projects) to analytical projects as needed and required – including Criteria, research and thought leadership pieces (under the direction of Sector Lead and others), global projects (GIFTs/LIFTs, etc.).
- Demonstrates thorough understanding and applies appropriate rating methodologies/criteria and ensures all guidelines, quality, procedures and policies are adhered to for all credit rating activities,
- Mentors/coaches staff and Credit Analysts to further build knowledge of credit analysis,
- Works closely with Analytical Manager to build and adhere to standard work and standard performance metrics for the role and each member of the workgroup,
- Assumes personal ownership for building a strong understanding of regulatory and policy expectations in your workgroup and always seek support and advice from your manager and/or Compliance in all situations where you are unsure, or consider you need guidance,
- Ensures establishment of surveillance cycle standard work, pro-actively manage resource needs,
- Champions ownership and application of business controls and regular risk self-assessments working in partnership with other Lead Analysts and your manager.
- Takes ownership of complex analytical issues and relationships in your workgroup,
- Ensures analytical and relationship continuity across the portfolio to mitigate the impact of primary analyst rotation or turnover,
- Establishes and reinforces issuer and investor relationship management standard work, including minimum service standards,
- Creates standard work in work team and ensures market feedback is used for new ideas and actions to increase relevancy and value to the market.
We also expect the successful candidate to be able to co-ordinate work across a number of teams within S&P and to be comfortable in an environment that stimulates continuous improvement and innovation and the highest customer service standards, whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies, and procedures. The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, to explain our credit rating opinions both internally as well as externally to issuers, investors, and the media. Sound judgment and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information, reasoned opinions, and a rating recommendation to our credit rating committees.
Moreover, the successful candidate must be comfortable working and interacting with senior officials, representing S&P Global Ratings in a professional manner. The position requires regular travel globally as you will undertake site visits, to extract, compile, and assess information relating to credit quality. Due to the nature of the role, strong written and oral communication skills in English, German are essential.
• Degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
• Demonstrable expertise in financial institutions analysis.
• Numerate and accurate with figures and detail-orientated, with ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and German are essential. Fluency in other European languages will be an advantage.
• Strong organizational skills, execution mind-set, and ability to delegate effectively.
• Collaborative, execution-focused leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to represent S&P as an analytical spokesperson.
• Willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
• Computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
About S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global
S&P Global Ratings, a division of S&P Global, is the world's foremost provider of essential financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With roughly 20,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions.