Metals & Mining Research Analyst
The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a premier sector-focused news and information provider, is looking for a Mining Analyst for our Metals & Mining Research team in Manila.
In this dynamic role you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our mine economics modeling work.
The Impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence has a solid reputation as a premier sector-focused news and information provider. Our clients include a cross section of the broader Metals, Minerals and Mining sector from mining companies, vendors, consultants, regulators/governments and all those that operate within the financial and commodities markets such as Investment Banks, Investment Managers, Hedge Funds, Brokers etc. We are a multinational organization that has built a robust franchise on data collection and standardization, layering on proprietary news and research, employing economists and geologists well regarded within the sector.
The Career Opportunity: We are a multinational organization that has built a robust franchise on data collection and standardization, layering on proprietary news and research, employing economists and geologists well regarded within the sector.
The Team / The Business: Our team provides in-depth expert insight into the metals and mining sector. Offering an unsurpassed level of experience, from worldwide exploration, development and production to strategic planning and acquisitions activity - this group delivers reliable, unbiased research and analysis drawn directly from extensive industry contacts, global news and other information sources. Our high-quality products and services help clients identify, benchmark and value new business opportunities, monitor competitors and market trends, and act on strategies more confidently and efficiently.
Your Skills: Collating, analyzing and forecasting mining & cost data from a wide variety of sources across a range of commodities
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for someone with an inquisitive mind who has a passion for finding answers that are not always obvious. You’ll be right in the middle of the mining value chain, providing answers that bridge the divide between the mining, academic and financial worlds. If understanding the front line of the mining industry appeals to you, I want to speak to you.”
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Collating, analyzing and forecasting mining & cost data from a wide variety of sources across a range of commodities
• Discount cash flow modeling planned production and costs for life-of-mine across many mine types
• Coordinating workflows with senior team members to deliver finished models and peer review work
• Develop thought leadership pieces and investigate hypotheses for insightful industry research on the cost of production and the supply of raw materials
• Collaborate with cross-team members on research and thought leadership pieces
• Global travel, mine site and conference attendance to support our clients & research as and when required
- 1+ years’ experience in a mining analyst or similar role
Knowledge of the coal mining industry would be advantageous
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Geology, Mining, Economics or Business)
- Solid numeric analytic capabilities
- The capability to see the big picture and understand which information matters
- Advanced MS Excel skills, experience with MS Access or other database systems is advantageous
- Strong problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to work in a global team and interact with colleagues in multiple geographic locations
- Office location – Makati
- Working schedule – Midshift and flexible if required to work in different shifts due to business needs