We are looking for a highly skilled individual with an analytical mindset to join our Corporate Ratings group as an Associate Credit Ratings Analyst within the EMEA Utilities team. The portfolio mainly comprises of utilities in the Nordics and the person should be based in Stockholm. The right candidate will have experience of conducting credit analysis, strong accounting knowledge and a good basic skillset to handle client relationships. Familiarity with analysis of regulatory environment and utilities is a plus.
Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly pick up credit surveillance on a rating portfolio of credits.
- Handle a portfolio of about 15 utility credits, with a focus on issuers in the Nordic and Baltic region, but possibly also other EMEA markets.
- Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating. Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Present findings and well-underbuilt analytical opinions to a credit rating committee, supporting by strong modelling skills.
- Communicate and interact well with senior management at companies
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence and to timely transition ratings, as well as to communicate clearly and present professionally when interacting with issuers and investors. Moreover, you must maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis, and be required to prepare and perform meetings with multi-national, senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned and concise opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Team / The Business:
The SP Global EMEA Utility team consists of over 15 analysts spread out over offices such as London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Stockholm, Moscow, Dubai, and Johannesburg. While the candidate may benefit from several other team members being based in the same location, as well as following the same sectors, he/she would be responsible for the surveillance of a portfolio of about 15 credits. The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures.
Solid, demonstrable experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations.
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Experience of analyzing issue level documentation or ability to ramp up related skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Swedish. Fluency in other European languages such as German will also be an advantage.
- Degree educated in a relevant business related field, with a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification seen as a comparative strength.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Experience of analyzing corporates in the utilities and regulated sectors would be an advantage.
- Positive mindset in working in a regulated environment, in dealing with complex systems and focus on procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong team spirit.