The Role: Sr. Manager, CGS Data Licensing & Compliance
The Location: New York, New York
The Team: CUSIP Global Services (CGS) is managed on behalf of the American Bankers Association by S&P Global Market Intelligence with a Board of Trustees that represents the voices of leading financial institutions. CGS originates identifiers and collects the related reference data that is used by the global financial community for trading, settlement, asset servicing and risk management. From the assignment of identifiers for new issues to their use in downstream databases and applications, clients rely on the CUSIP System and the knowledge and experience of the CGS team to provide a solid foundation to run their businesses smoothly and reliably. CGS identifiers are the universally accepted standard for classifying financial instruments across institutions and exchanges worldwide, providing universally recognized identification for more than 30 million unique financial instruments. CGS information helps streamline efficiencies throughout the global financial system. CGS is also the official National Numbering Agency for the United States, Canada, and 39 global Territories.
The Impact: CUSIP Global Services (CGS) is seeking a Sr. CGS Data Licensing & Compliance Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to lead the efforts to refine, develop and perfect CGS's global licensing and compliance processes in the face of unprecedented industry and regulatory challenges to the business model. The incumbent will be required to help direct and refine the licensing and compliance policies and procedures by working closely with the respective business and commercial teams in the U.S., EMEA and Asia-Pacific. The candidate will also be heavily responsible for assisting with CGS’s compliance program in the U.S. This includes leading local on-site related compliance activities in order to better protect the ABA’s valuable IP.
The selected candidate will assist in monitoring our existing 3rd party vendor relationships in such a way that maximizes the benefits to the business, while at the same time securing contracts with new 3rd party vendors to protect the CGS Data and to increase CGS's global scale and presence. Although responsibilities are primarily focused on U.S. departmental requirements, this position will require support for global initiatives as well.
- Protect CGS's valuable IP through active management of processes and relationships with third party vendors and end users.
- Manage the contract renewal process and renegotiations thereof.
- Assist with managing and refining CGS’s compliance program.
- Work with internal legal teams, Global Regulatory Affairs and business leaders to minimize risks and ensure that industry use of CGS Data is in compliance with ABA's franchise ownership and associated ABA agreement.
- Manage CGS workflow for contract initiation and approval.
- Work with Finance departments and provide regular reporting and assistance on CGS receivables issues.
- Assist in the management of subscriptions across the CGS franchise- including, user IDs, passwords, costs, reviewing usage reports, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required, JD or MBA is desired
- 3+ years of relevant experience focused on acquisition and/or distribution of 3rd party content and implementing internal/external controls over the use of 3rd party content
- Experience leading contract negotiations; familiar with financial data sets
- Experience is conducting compliance related activities
- Excellent strategic planning, critical thinking and analytical ability
- Financial skills to create and present business case and ROI
- Excellent presentation and communications skills with the ability to influence
- Working knowledge of database applications
- Capital market industry knowledge and intellectual property rights management experience
- Ability to work with senior management and prioritize competing requests
- Customer focused with a good understanding of different market segments' use of CGS Data
- Attention to detail and quality oriented
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.