The Role: Senior Sales Representative - National Accounts team (S&P Global Market Intelligence)
Location: Tokyo, Japan
S&P Global Market Intelligence, a subsidiary of S&P Global, is currently searching for a Senior Sales Representative to join the National Accounts Sales team in Tokyo, Japan. By working closely with other sales Representatives, Relationship Managers, client support team, and product teams, he or she is expected to close new deals, expand new business and achieve an individual sales target mainly for desktop business in assigned territories (mainly commercial banks, Insurance, or IB/PE segments etc.).
Sales Associate Core Responsibilities:
- Revenue Generation- Carry an individual ACV-A target and generate new revenue from white space as well as existing clients.
- Manage product demonstration and presentations, set up follow-up training session for new prospects/opportunity
- Optimize revenue by prioritizing opportunities and engaging clients proactively
- Identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects
- Utilize CRM system (Salesforce.com) to monitor new pipelines and leads status for goal management as well as keep the details of sales activities, meeting memos in the system.
- Generate new contract documents, process sales orders and coordinate new deal process with product management, Legal, and Finance team.
- Develop and consultatively sell appropriate products/services/solutions, and cultivate references to achieve the sales goal.
- Focus on new client acquisition as well as find opportunity for new products within existing account
Core Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 4 to 5 years plus direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting preferred), or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
- MBA, CFA or CMA candidates are welcome
- Fluent in Japanese and Business level of oral and written English skill
- Have strong desire to explore the opportunities and expand the business
- Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills
- Prefer 36 months of successful track record in direct sales role.
- Ability to multi task and be flexible. Reevaluate regularly. Always be prioritizing activity that will best meet client and revenue goals.
- Experience having used other data vendor services such as Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Moody’s, etc would be a plus.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.