2018 S&P Global Platts, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Strategic Initiatives – Summer Internship
June-August 2018 (10 weeks)
2 Penn, Plaza, New York, NY
When you join the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) you will report to the Senior Director of Strategy Execution and Portfolio Management who reports into the Chief Operating Officer. This team drives strategic changes, fosters cross functional relationships, influences stakeholders and acts as trusted advisors to the Platts Executive Leadership Team. The team develops and administers a a strategic plan and monitors its success; this includes defining and implementing initiative governance practices globally across Platts, as well as ensuring alignment of projects and areas of focus with Platts’ strategic goals.
You will be part of a team that drives progress toward a performance management and execution-oriented culture to increase business results.
At S&P Global Platts, we employ only the best in the market, and each member of our team is committed to providing an unbiased perspective to help our customers monitor market movements, value commodities, recognize opportunities, mitigate risk, and plan with greater confidence.
S&P Global Platts is the leading independent provider of information, benchmark prices and analytics for the energy and commodities markets. For over 100 years, we’ve brought clarity and transparency to the energy and commodities markets, enabling companies, governments and individuals to act with conviction.
What’s in it for you:
You will be offered the opportunity to track and monitor progress toward key strategic initiatives that the team has partnered with the Executive Committee to execute successfully. This will help drive an execution-oriented and performance management culture across Platts by reporting on key performance indicators. Additionally, you will help create and implement reports for the Executive Committee and other senior leadership. The reports would help drive effective decision-making and provide insight into the performance of the business.
- Create reports, analysis and metrics that provide insight into the performance of Platts
- Help implement and administer a governance structure for monitoring and successful execution of key strategic initiatives across Platts
What We’re Looking For:
- Permanent work authorization for the United States is required
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 3.2 GPA with anticipated graduation date by 2019 or 2020
- All majors welcome; Business Administration, Economics, Human Resources, International Affairs, Management majors preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Significant comfort level with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com