The Role: Reporter: Asia-Pacific Banks and Financial Services - Japan
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team: The Asia Financial Institutions Group (FIG) news team comprises roughly 20 reporters, editors and writers in Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Pakistan and Manila, producing coverage of not only banks, but also insurance and other financial services. The team is part of the larger FIG team, encompassing the Americas and EMEA.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is one of four divisions within S&P Global Inc., alongside S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based global news service reaches an influential readership, including investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a critical part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
What’s in it for you: Our newsroom offers opportunities for global collaboration as we expand our reporting coverage, editorial leadership development and advancement as a business journalist within S&P Global Market Intelligence and other parts of S&P Global. In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive training and other development support, such as a mentorship program.
- Provide our readership with timely, insightful articles in English to tight daily and weekly deadlines
- Your coverage will incorporate in-depth interviews, news from the conference beat, and analytical insight showcasing our rich portfolio of market, regulatory and corporate data
- Shaping the S&P Global daily English-language coverage and conveying story lines using the full range of our formats, from breaking news to feature-length reportage to shorter 'spot' news gleaned from regulatory filings and other sources in Japanese
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience and a strong track record writing about the financial services and banking sector in clear, authoritative English.
- A strong knowledge of Japanese banks/financial services and of Asian financial regulatory frameworks.
- An impressive book of contacts among banking analysts and high-level industry commentators in Asia, particularly in Japan
- A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in spoken and written English necessary. Knowledge of Japanese or another major Asian language is highly desirable