S&P Global Ratings
- As part of global team of engineers/developers, deliver continuous high reliability to our technology services.
- Strong focus towards developing permanent fixes to issues and heavy automation of manual tasks.
- Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers/developers working from Denver, New York, London, Singapore and India to help ensure 24x7 reliability.
- Involvement in Architecture and Development design reviews for new implementation and integration projects.
- Troubleshoot application related issues and work with infrastructure team to triage Major Incidents.
- Experience in analyzing/researching alternative solutions and developing/implementing recommendations accordingly
- Work/support business users to understand issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the team for the development of enhancements/fixes
Bachelor / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
5+ years of experience in designing, developing and supporting applications using pega PRPC and Frameworks
Ability to translate complex business requirement into functional technical requirements using PegaSystems, SmartBPM methodology and DCO tools
Experience implementing PEGA integration services using REST, SOAP, Email etc.
Good understanding of PEGA case management features
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
Experience with databases and SQLs
Experience with application server or web server
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable applications
Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Nice to have:
Proven working experience in Java development or support
Java knowledge including concurrency, JDBC, IO, exception handling, collections and annotations
Linux environment and scripting
Knowledge of JMS, ESB, IDM, DevOps (Artifactory , Jenkins), Agile, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle, Ansible, Python, design pattern or ORM technologies
Hands on experience in AWS
Good written and oral communication skills.
Experience in maintaining focus and driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
A strong background interfacing with multiple groups; ability to coordinate effectively, multi-task and manage pressure.
Proven ability to work using different styles as needed to accommodate the situations encountered.
Experience in assessing change impacts and the development of task estimates.
Strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Flexibility to work 8 hour shifts 5 days a week to cover 7am – 7pm MST including occasional weekend rotation
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.