The Role: Relationship Management Associate
The Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
The Team: The team is composed of experienced professionals within Wall Street and Main Street industries. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization
The Impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a subsidiary of S&P Global, is currently searching for a Relationship Management Associate to join our team in São Paulo. The RM associate will work closely with the Brazilian Relationship Manager. As the key partner for our clients, the Relationship Management team masters industry, product and financial knowledge to keep clients informed. Relationship Managers work with their clients to learn about the challenges and opportunities they face, and discuss how Market Intelligence solutions can enable them to achieve value through their partnership with the organization.
The Impact: In this role you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a series of financial and non-financial sectors, working with various types of clients.
What’s in it for you: You will have the opportunity to travel to client sites and work with a diverse range of professionals across the sector. In addition to liaising with end users, you will also have opportunities to meet key stakeholders/business heads of the teams that utilize S&P products, as well as market data and procurement professionals within small, medium and large institutions. This will provide valuable commercial experience and an opportunity to grow into a more senior position within the organization. As part of a dynamic team, you will be asked to support, collaborate and share best practices with your colleagues.
• Focuses on retaining business by ensuring a high level of client satisfaction by guiding clients through product set up, conducting training sessions and communicating with clients to resolve any issues.
• Escalates all feedback and relevant information to help generate integrated client solutions and product enhancements to enhance revenue.
• Track all client outreach activity in Salesforce to help promote transparency.
• Assists the primary relationship managers with execution of activities related to retaining and growing client relationships, including pulling and analyzing usage reports, as well as fulfilling renewal opportunities
• Works with the primary relationship managers in the region to maintains relationships with clients in an effort to grow and retain business to meet or exceed revenue goals.
• Keeps track of market and industry trends, reviews all available collateral and develops an understanding of their competitive situation.
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent work experience)
• Direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting) or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
• Fluent in Portuguese and English
• Relationship building skills exhibiting comfort with client outreach, with a capability to deal with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling and overcoming gatekeepers
• Solid time management/organization skills, with ability to multi task and prioritize, while paying close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner (both written and verbal) and willingness to present to clients
• Goal oriented and self-motivated with an ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based environment
• Familiarity with clients within the Financials Corporate space (Risk, M&A, Credit, Investment Banking, Investment Management, Investor Relations, etc.)
• Strong MS office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
• Experience having used S&P Global products or other data vendor services such as Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Fitch, Moody’s, etc. would be a plus