The Role: Senior Manager, APAC Payroll
The Location: Singapore
The Team/ The Business: The team of three dedicated payroll professionals is responsible for the monthly and annual payroll operations supporting about 1,700 employees throughout APAC. Based in Singapore, they work with a third party payroll provider while focused on delivering an accurate and timely payroll every month.
The Impact: The Senior Manager, Payroll, oversees payroll operations for eight APAC countries (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Philippines, Singapore & Taiwan) supporting about 1,700 employees. Based in Singapore, the Senior Manager overseas three direct reports responsible for preparing payrolls that are accurate, timely and in compliance with all tax, regulatory and statutory requirements. They will oversee the implementation of payroll related projects and administration of payroll policies, procedures, and regulations. This position evaluates processes for operational efficiencies and reports to the Senior Director, Global Payroll based in New York.
What’s in it for you: An opportunity for professional growth through managing projects impacting all employees in the region. It’s a chance to work with payroll and HR teams to find and implement operational efficiencies. Lead a team of professionals with the common goal to continuously improve the payroll operations.
- Directs payroll and related operations for APAC region in an outsourced environment. Manages regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract and SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution, and project management
- Effective management of the outsourced vendor with respect to all payroll activities; including processing, tax requirements/filings, issue resolution, systems requirements, verifications and controls, and employee support
- Coordinate projects with Global Payroll Senior Manager based in NY
- Supports all HR partners (i.e. Benefits, Compensation and Recruiting), Finance and Accounting, Risk, Tax and Audit. Assist Treasury with payroll funding process.
- Ensures compliance and fiduciary oversight of the company's payroll function across the region.
- Helps implement technology and configuration changes as required (Workday, Interfaces, local vendor changes, leave systems, reporting)
- Oversight of all quarter-end and year-end related issues and activities for the region to comply with local regulations
- Applies broad knowledge of payroll, finance, operations, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact payroll operations
- Identifies and resolves complex problems across functions and takes a new perspective using existing or new solutions
- Supports payroll activities related to acquisitions and divestitures
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience with APAC payroll operations in an outsourced environment.
- Outstanding communication, collaborative and presentation skills.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline required. MBA or Master’s degree a plus. CPP or regional equivalent a plus